.410 slugs for upland bird/Expected accuracy of .410 slug

Why would you want to shoot a bird on the ground and take the challenge out of "Wing Shooting"?
I see you reasoning on Pheasants because they can and do run on the ground ahead and past shotgun range before flight. That is where "Flushing Bird Dogs" come in.
A few reason. I do enjoy wing shooting but also enjoy the stalking and "precision" shooting of big game hunting. Just wondering if anybody has tried it! I also don't have a bird dog. I've done jump shooting on ducks. Fun, but I prefer a rifle over a shotgun. I was thinking shotgun slugs were a happy medium lol

I appreciate the input on the accuracy but does anyone know if it's legal? Am I missing something?
You should call your DNR on the legal part.
I know all too much about hunting birds. after hunting with good bird dogs it is very hard to hunt with out them. The dogs working birds are the excitement in hunting.

I think you would need to look up how Wy game and fish defines "Shotgun". Or call and try to find someone who knows. If I had to guess it's not legal, but just glancing at the WY regs I can't find anything.

I'm sure it's legal as long as it doesn't specially state " shotgun shooting shot".
1" at 50 yards is pretty optimistic. 2" is more realistic. 410s aren't known for their slugs.