400 legend

I have one.....barrel came Monday I quickly sighted it in Monday afternoon and my son packed it Monday night and tonight, but no critters crossed our path. I'm just shooting factory 215's for now, and it packs a good thump! I was really hoping a buck would have shown himself. Only one company, Mos-tek, that I know of offering AR barrels at this point and they are made to order. I was surprised all of the manufacturers missed their rifle release dates and completely missed hunting season this year...........

I guess they waiting to see how much interest there is, before they start making them.
Just about everyone has some form of 350l. I don't know if that will hurt the 400 or not.

Yup, I wondered how bad it would hurt it as well. I'm getting enough brass to last a barrel and I have a gas checked 10mm mold, so I figured if it dies commercially, I'll treat it like a 10mm super mag and shoot powder coated gas check bullets.

The 350 is proven to take deer and hogs. Maybe black bear I guess. But that might be it. Does that little bit of increase in caliber make bigger game possible? But there's the 450 so why get the 400.
I can understand buying a barrel for an ar, but not a rifle.

I was actually about to buy a 350 L when they announced the 400. I just figured a little bigger might be better, I can't say I'd have switched if I had previously had a 350. From the little I've played with it so far, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot a elk with it at the ranges the brushy wet coast provides. Hopefully we'll get the chance to see it's performance on game this year!

I picked up a new Savage Trail Hunter in 350L for my daughter this Christmas. I wanted a heavier profile barrel to reduce recoil (she's only 9) and factory cerakote. I'm waiting on a matching rifle in 400L for me, and it should be available any day. Both have Leupold VX-5 2-10.

The 350 is proven to take deer and hogs. Maybe black bear I guess. But that might be it. Does that little bit of increase in caliber make bigger game possible? But there's the 450 so why get the 400.
on paper the 400 is better in all ways compared to a 350 and still less reoil than a 450 or 12ga slug with more energy
i was going to get a 350 but am waiting at least till summer if anymore availbility of the 400 heightens

emailed BCA and they have been discussing making uppers/rifles in their weekly meetings, but no, yes or no yet

I picked up a new Savage Trail Hunter in 350L for my daughter this Christmas. I wanted a heavier profile barrel to reduce recoil (she's only 9) and factory cerakote. I'm waiting on a matching rifle in 400L for me, and it should be available any day. Both have Leupold VX-5 2-10.e did you
Where did you order your 400 L Trail Hunter from? Had mine on backorder since November

Don't need a straight walled cartridge here in Texas but I think it's the sweet spot for hunting where you have to have one.

I'd like it for an ar 15 upper for hog hunting.

Then I would like Magnum Research to build a BFR revolver in the 400 legend.

Where did you order your 400 L Trail Hunter from? Had mine on backorder since Nove
ive seen savages, mossbergs and winchesters on GB and grabagun all day but thats it. im surprised its been this slow for this cartridge. the only factory ammo ive seen is the one that launched for the gun 7 months ago. a ruger rifle was promised but have not seen those yet.

Same reason the .41 Remington magnum never amounted to anything in sales. The .357 magnum and 44 magnum already existed. It was a cool round, some did argue the best of the three for versatility, but at the end of the day it's an answer to a question no one asked.

Supposedly some people complained that the 350 legend wasn't killing fast enough or that the deer didn't drop right away so Winchester upped the size of the bullet to 400.

And supposedly the reason there are no rifles yet is they have one company trying to come up with a magazine that works properly and they haven't done it yet.

I'm running 350 legend mags in mine and have not had problems...... I can't imagine a bolt action mag would completely stall production.
I cast up some 200 and 245 gr bullets the other day I need to gas check them and powder coat them. I'm curious what I'll find loading them.