• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 375 Ruger or 35 Whelen- Would like to test one

HarryN

Hi, I am thinking about buying a rifle chambered in 375 Ruger and would like to test fire one at a range before going in too deep. It is at the upper end of what I think my body can take, which is why I would like to test one for recoil.

I live not far from the Livermore CA gun range, but am willing to go pretty much anywhere in the San Jose / San Francisco area, or even drive up to Sacramento.

I was thinking perhaps I could buy some ammo for you, lunch, or something, but I am open about it. I am just interesting in firing 5 - 10 rounds max, who knows, 1 might end up being enough.

If you have a 35 Whelen or 358 Winchester, which are other rounds I am thinking about, that would be interesting as well.

I am used to firing a 700 ADL in 270 win with factory loads, but I don't consider myself to be an expert shot or anything, more just an occasional paper puncher.

Thanks

Harry

If it makes any difference, I am more interested in testing bullets in the lower end of the weight ranges if possible, not super hot / heavy loads.