• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

35 whelen

JUDD

Looking for a 35 whelen

Not 100% exactly what I want yet just testing some waters before I end up at gun broker what's out here in the wild

Judd, if you don't find the 35 Whelen you want, or if the price is too high, there is another option. Have JES Reboring turn any .25-06, .270 Win or .30-06 into a 35 Whelen for you. Costs about $275. He's done one for me, and has my 2nd one in his shop now. The first one shoots sub 1/2 MOA with Barnes factory ammo.

His website isn't much, but his machining is top-notch. Best of luck in your search,

Keith

Ill muddy the waters, also look at the 9.3x62

Kinda like the 35whelen but with more bullet options
If the 35whelen excites you, then you will love researching the 9,3x62 also
Have fun
James

Judd, if you don't find the 35 Whelen you want, or if the price is too high, there is another option. Have JES Reboring turn any .25-06, .270 Win or .30-06 into a 35 Whelen for you. Costs about $275. He's done one for me, and has my 2nd one in his shop now. The first one shoots sub 1/2 MOA with Barnes factory ammo.

His website isn't much, but his machining is top-notch. Best of luck in your search,

Keith
JES turned a tikka t3 30-06 into a 35 whelen for me. It shoots really good.

Rumor is that Ruger is letting some Hawkeye African rifles into the wild this year. I've got 1 of the Hawkeye Ruger's in 35 Whelen and it's a shooter.

I've got a Savage/Stevens with a 24in Shaw barrel, detachable magazine, timney trigger, Boyd's thumb hole stock. I'd consider letting go

Attachments

• IMG_1235.jpeg
    IMG_1235.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 24
Rumor is that Ruger is letting some Hawkeye African rifles into the wild this year. I've got 1 of the Hawkeye Ruger's in 35 Whelen and it's a shooter.
I'll keep an eye out at the distributors for these

Know could get one barreled up, kinda wanna stay factory correct with this one

Not to much of a savage fella honestly

I have a nice Savage 270 that you could do a barrel swap on. About $275 for a custom fit barrel.
I have been waiting for Shaw to have another sale and was going to do the 35.

I bought a ruger hawkeye African 35 whelen a couple weeks ago and really like it, 24" 1-12 twist barrel pretty nice walnut stock and absolutely beautiful bluing, I called guns.com and bought from them...they may have another

Looking for a 35 whelen

Not 100% exactly what I want yet just testing some waters before I end up at gun broker what's out here in the wild
If you want really good value and accuracy, the CVA Scout on 35 Whelen is a winner. It males me giggle every time I shoot it. 1/2 moa accuracy amd Im shootimg 140 grain hammers going like 3200 fps. 1.5 moa targets at 500 are no sweat.

I have a good one..... owned it after build for 30 yrs.... must not have 100 shots thru it.... shilen select match magna ported barrel.... Houge stock leupold 2x7 scope..... I've killed 2 elk,1 moose and several deer with it.....pics on request.