.375 Bushmaster?

Wild Monkey

Where is the .375 Bushmaster? I see other bores & Cartridge combinations yet this one has peaked my interest. Seeking 2500-4000ftlbs.

Are you looking for an AR15 or AR10 round to build?
I must have been mistaken, as the 450 Bushmaster is a well known AR15 Cartridge I had assumed the 375 Bushmaster for an AR15 already existed. It's an easy neck down from 450 and the Bushmaster Brass is readily available. The comparison between the Socom and Bushmaster shows very similar case capacities, as the 375 Socom is well known. It seems like a natural transition for the Bushmaster and the 375 should offer far superior performance to be a true Super-Star as the Socom's are floundering.
I had the idea of a 375-SPC though the diminished capacity doesn't seem as promising even though it could be a success in it's own right. I am not interested in a Cartridge for the 2.8" AR10 Platform seeing it's just not necessary since the 375-Bushmaster can fit the smaller AR15./Illustration from shortened "Steyr"

Attachments

• 375 Bushmaster-373 STAR.jpg
    375 Bushmaster-373 STAR.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Self defeating in all the straightwall states that are driving the demand for the bushmaster and 350 legend. For legal reasons, the round must be straight and fall within certain size dimensions. The round you propose would certainly be a cool round and likely very effective, while at the same time still not be legal in the straightwall states.

That's exactly right!!! It is a devastating round, and almost as easy to load for as my 45Raptor!! Do not shy away from that round, it's truly a thumper!!
I have a 45 Raptor, and love its performance. I am getting 2400 fps muzzle velocity with the Hornady 240 gr XTP Mag bullets. It's a shoulder fired howitzer!

I am having feeding issues with it though, my rounds are tolerance stacking in the magazine and the bolt cannot catch the next cartridge. So my 20 rd AR 10 functions a a single shot rifle. Does anyone have a solution to fix this?

I have a 45 Raptor, and love its performance. I am getting 2400 fps muzzle velocity with the Hornady 240 gr XTP Mag bullets. It's a shoulder fired howitzer!

I am having feeding issues with it though, my rounds are tolerance stacking in the magazine and the bolt cannot catch the next cartridge. So my 20 rd AR 10 functions a a single shot rifle. Does anyone have a solution to fix this?
Try Lancer Mags and check the front feed portion to see if you need to remove some material for proper feeding. I believe the Lancers have been identified as the best mags for such cartridges. There are also mags specifically made for the 450 Bushmaster...they may be leverageable? Here are the DuraMag mfg units: https://dura-mag.com/duramag-ss-450-bushmaster-stainless-steel/

That's exactly right!!! It is a devastating round, and almost as easy to load for as my 45Raptor!! Do not shy away from that round, it's truly a thumper!!
I have a 16" 45 Raptor bolt action, it's awesome. You make brass from 308? I've had issues with brass thickness and trying different ways to thin it down

I made my first 40 cases from old Federal 30-06 brass. And yes, several of them didn't chamber because of the case wall thickness; the OD ended up being too large. I then purchased 500 Starline cases head stamped in 45 Raptor. I just haven't had time to load any of them yet.