450 Bushmaster Vs 45 Raptor

You were much luckier than a group of people I witnessed jumping on a deal for the SOCOM uppers. Out of a dozen or so I think only one functioned properly out of the box, a few sent them to Tromix to be worked over and the others copied what Tromix did.
Wouldn't buy a socom from bca-- seen way too many issues posted online from people with that catrridge-- I've actually settled on a great load with 225ftx for this cheapo upper, shoots .6-.7 moa @ 100y so far for me.
I read quite a few good to great accuracy/function reviews of the bca 450bm before I bought it-- figured it was a small gamble I was willing to take.
I also have a stripped "sport" 308/dpms pattern upper I bought from them for $73 about 3 years ago-- no problems with that one either and it's almost as light as the super high dollar "ultralight" 308 uppers

I usually do my due diligence before spending $, almost everything has some sort of "gamble" to it anyway.

Heck-- the cheapo bca 450bm upper came with the old "helix" style muzzle brake on it, I emailed them and told them I was disappointed because the website said it came with the new 4 port style brake--- they gladly sent me the new port style brake for free so their customer service is 1 for 1 for me so far.