Re: Swarovski 6x24x50 or NF

I want to know what would you guys chose.

swarovski 6x24x50 or a Night Force Scope.

Please let me know which one is better. I already have the swarovski 6x24x50 but i kinda wanna change it and i don't know if i do the right thing. Please help me out on this one :) Thank you

300WSW,

To get this thread going, you need to let everyone know certain things, such as:

• What type of shooting is this optic going to be used for
  • Max range your would like to shoot
  • Weapon this is going on
  • MIL or MOA
With this criteria, you should get some good feedback.

Regards,
Ken
P.S I would go with the NF :D

Ok that really did help to clear some things up.

I am going to assume this weapon is going to be used for hunting. If this is the case, here are the items I look for in a scope:

Durability- something that overtime has proven to be exceptionally durable and can withstand what ever kinds of typical punishment a well used hunting scope can be put through. Our NXS line is designed to operate with ease on nearly ANY should fired rifle. from a 17HMR on up to a 14.5 Russian, these optics have performed and tracked second to none.

http://http://www.nightforceoptics.com/MILITARY___LE/military___le.html

Repeatability
Through years and years of abuse, I want my scope to return to zero every time. Second guessing my optics is something no shooter should have to settle with. This is the reason more and more world records are being set with Nightforce scopes.

Glass/ Coatings

When you look through a Nightforce scope you see an image that is both, Natural in color and crisp with resolution. Many companies produce scopes that make the background image appear unnaturally vivid. This is simply produced by using a lens coating that will change the natural color of the image to make the background image appear much more vivid then it really is.

The downfall to this is you loose, resolution and light transmission not to mention several other quality's. The optical coating Nightforce uses are based on obtaining the highest resolution possible and allowing as much Natural light as possible to pass through the lens and to your eye. This is what the military has repeatably asked for as they want to see true color and not unnatural over vivid images.

Ease of use

With a Nightforce you have the ability to choose reticle that have a wide variety of uses or something as simple as a duplex reticle. Take for example our NP-R1 reticle.

Lets say you are hunting and you happen to see that Whitetail deer you have been tracking for a day or so. You pull out your range finder and attempt to laze the target but due to, batteries, fog or a dull background, you just cannot get a reading.

So you pull out your Nightforce and put the center cross hair on the Whitetails back. (These animal typically measure 18" from the top of the shoulder to the bottom of the brisket.) We will say that only three of the stadia lines subtend the animal. Here is the great part, 18"(our deer) divided by the MOA from our scope,(3) = 6. Now take this six and multiply six by 100= 600. Your deer is 600 yards away- SEND IT. It does not get much simpler or faster than this.

In conclusion,
You have the ability to use the same optics that elite military units worldwide are counting on in life and death situations and the SAME scope that is being used to hold more 1000 yard .50 Cal records than any other company.

Alot of information, but I hope this helps.

Regards,
Ken
Nightforce Optics

I personally don't think you need a almost 2g scope for a 30-06 for 400 yard shooting. Seems like a waste of money to me.

Ok that really did help to clear some things up.

I am going to assume this weapon is going to be used for hunting. If this is the case, here are the items I look for in a scope:

Durability- something that overtime has proven to be exceptionally durable and can withstand what ever kinds of typical punishment a well used hunting scope can be put through. Our NXS line is designed to operate with ease on nearly ANY should fired rifle. from a 17HMR on up to a 14.5 Russian, these optics have performed and tracked second to none.

http://http://www.nightforceoptics.com/MILITARY___LE/military___le.html

Repeatability
Through years and years of abuse, I want my scope to return to zero every time. Second guessing my optics is something no shooter should have to settle with. This is the reason more and more world records are being set with Nightforce scopes.

Glass/ Coatings

When you look through a Nightforce scope you see an image that is both, Natural in color and crisp with resolution. Many companies produce scopes that make the background image appear unnaturally vivid. This is simply produced by using a lens coating that will change the natural color of the image to make the background image appear much more vivid then it really is.

The downfall to this is you loose, resolution and light transmission not to mention several other quality's. The optical coating Nightforce uses are based on obtaining the highest resolution possible and allowing as much Natural light as possible to pass through the lens and to your eye. This is what the military has repeatably asked for as they want to see true color and not unnatural over vivid images.

Ease of use

With a Nightforce you have the ability to choose reticle that have a wide variety of uses or something as simple as a duplex reticle. Take for example our NP-R1 reticle.

Lets say you are hunting and you happen to see that Whitetail deer you have been tracking for a day or so. You pull out your range finder and attempt to laze the target but due to, batteries, fog or a dull background, you just cannot get a reading.

So you pull out your Nightforce and put the center cross hair on the Whitetails back. (These animal typically measure 18" from the top of the shoulder to the bottom of the brisket.) We will say that only three of the stadia lines subtend the animal. Here is the great part, 18"(our deer) divided by the MOA from our scope,(3) = 6. Now take this six and multiply six by 100= 600. Your deer is 600 yards away- SEND IT. It does not get much simpler or faster than this.

In conclusion,
You have the ability to use the same optics that elite military units worldwide are counting on in life and death situations and the SAME scope that is being used to hold more 1000 yard .50 Cal records than any other company.

Alot of information, but I hope this helps.

Regards,
Ken
Nightforce Optics

To say that NFK over-glossed this is an EPIC understatement, to put it into reality Swarovski makes Awesome bino's ,spotter's and little glass doll's but their riflescopes for the most part SUCK.
Nightforce (as far as I know does not make bino's ,spotter's and little glass doll's) but their riflescopes kick Swaro's butt.
UB

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.