360 Buckhammer

Yep, that's your opinion. They'll sell quite a few of them. The flexability to smoke some 125 gr .358 bullets or load 200's sounds fun. I've been wanting a 357 Maximum for a long time but nobody makes a lever in that caliber. This one should surpass it. At least they didn't go to a stupid bullet size like the Legend...
Agreed. The .35s don't get the recognition they could for being able to have fun or make truly useful reduced loads with pistol bullets while being very emphatic with big game bullets.

Of course my .35 is a .358 Norma Magnum so slightly different conversation.

I have been in conversation with Geoff at woodleigh and it sounds like they are to be up and running again and do plan to make one that I'm really after: the 310 grain round nose .358 weldcore. Hammer makes a 275 grain hunter down to a 140 grain er. And I can use 125 and even 110 bullets for a .357 revolver in the beast. Not too much out there that can utilize that kind of variety.

At present I only have 2 loads worked up, a 250 interlock and a 280 swift a frame, both doing 2800. Interlock load is a tad less hot for sure.

Agreed. The .35s don't get the recognition they could for being able to have fun or make truly useful reduced loads with pistol bullets while being very emphatic with big game bullets.

Of course my .35 is a .358 Norma Magnum so slightly different conversation.

I have been in conversation with Geoff at woodleigh and it sounds like they are to be up and running again and do plan to make one that I'm really after: the 310 grain round nose .358 weldcore. Hammer makes a 275 grain hunter down to a 140 grain er. And I can use 125 and even 110 bullets for a .357 revolver in the beast. Not too much out there that can utilize that kind of variety.

At present I only have 2 loads worked up, a 250 interlock and a 280 swift a frame, both doing 2800. Interlock load is a tad less hot for sure.
Always wanted a 358 Norma Mag. I shoot a Model 600 in 350 mag and it's fun. Used to load 125's down for a grouse/rabbit load, but haven't done that in a decade or so. Love the 35 versatility and a suppressed 35 lever gun would be a blast.

The problem is MIDNR for example is flat out against ANY rifle in shotgun zones. They are politically driven agency and could care less about hunter opportunities. The ONLY way we got even straight wall was to take what is allowed in handgun to rifle configuration. Any bottleneck proposal would have killed all opportunities for even straight wall. I know how ridiculous that seems but you need to understand the agency is 100% driven by political influencers. Even then, it took 5 years to get straight wall approved for 3 year trial. It was then approved for final due to success of the acceptance the straight wall. Its mind numbing how incompetent the agency was to ballistics etc. The bottom line is we have options not available before and constant development for better cartridges.

We wish there could have been better opportunity to have reasonable options but if you have never had to deal with an agency that is political first and sportsmen second, it can be difficult to understand the straight wall rifle program.
Well if they're against rifles in shotgun zones then maybe just get rid of the shotgun zones.