338RUM build smith

86alaskan

I'm getting together all the parts I need for my new RUM. so far we've got a Manners EH1, Broughton 9.3 twist 5r 338 barrel and 700 based CNC action. I'll be getting a BDL style metal for it soon and a triggertech trigger is on the way. My question is, where should I send this for the best 338 build possible. I've got very limited smith experience but it's been pretty good so far. I have a 300WM at GA precision right now, but I'd be open to other options as well. What do you all think?

More than one out there, currently the rifle I have in the pipeline is with Hammer. Give Steve a call, and go from there.

No reason in particular, just testing the waters. I know GA builds awesome rigs, so my 300 is with them now. I know they're more tactical in nature, so I was look in into heavy hitting long range hunting rifle builders.

I know they're more tactical in nature, so I was look in into heavy hitting long range hunting rifle builders.

George and his gunsmiths have a wide ranging set of skills from lighter weight hunting rifles all the way up through .50 BMG competition rifles and everything in between including an extremely accurate semi-auto, the GAP10. While there is certainly nothing wrong with wanting to try another gunsmith, there is certainly nothing wrong with sending another build off to George either.

Good Luck with your choice!:D

GA is still on the short list. From what they quoted, they're doing my Sako TRG rebarrel for a very good price. I'll definitely keep them in mind.

I'm getting together all the parts I need for my new RUM. so far we've got a Manners EH1, Broughton 9.3 twist 5r 338 barrel and 700 based CNC action. I'll be getting a BDL style metal for it soon and a triggertech trigger is on the way. My question is, where should I send this for the best 338 build possible. I've got very limited smith experience but it's been pretty good so far. I have a 300WM at GA precision right now, but I'd be open to other options as well. What do you all think?
Precision Rifles in Rexburg, Idaho. Excellent gunsmith & very knowledgeable about 338 cartridges.
Thanks, Kirk

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.