338 YOGI 300g Deer Hunting Story

Ya, talk about hollowpoint! The opening is huge, they shoot fenomenolly in my sons 308win too. Hasn't killed anything with them yet.

Brent
I would think the oehler program would go in 20 yard increments out to 2500 yards there is a lot of drop out there.
mad.gif

I am hopping Hornaday will come out with a 338 AMAX 280g to 300g with a big BC over .8
grin.gif

Crow Mag

CM,
Maybe we should all call them and point this out before the next version comes out.

That A-Max would be very welcomed, bonded too ya.

Crow Mag,
Just got back from visiting family over the holidays so I've been away. Glad to see your having good luck with your Yogi.

Keep it up, and good work with your spotter backing you up!

Steve

Brent, with that combo you'd better tell your son to wait until the deer has walked quite a distance away from him!
wink.gif
I shot a measly(but tasty) four point at the really long range of 40 yards, and the critter instantly developed a fist-sized hole through its lungs......from a "pee-wee" .308 Win!!! Your son will love that particular bullet's performance---guaranteed!
grin.gif

Steve
Thank you for the help with load development. I have been using the H1000 and shooting good with it
grin.gif

Crow Mag

A little off topic, but I just remembered now that all the 300 Ultra loads I shot on New Years at 0 degrees were loaded with 210m primers, they all went off without a single hitch. Cool! Thanks for the tip guys.
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.