338 SHERMAN MAX

Yeh 555 is a lower energy density than 550 or 560. Sounds like 550 is the ticket and rl17

Any idea on what a 20" barrel will fling a 225 grain Accubond? I have H100v, H4350, H4831sc, Retumbo, H1000, Varget to work with.

Have you read the other thread? I'm working up load data on a 21" barrel and posted a few numbers yesterday
Yes sir, I've been watching you papasmurf and others on the Mega thread. I'm just looking to build a Max and wanted to see what folks were getting out of these. Thanks for sharing what your findings are though, it's very helpful!

Yes sir, I've been watching you papasmurf and others on the Mega thread. I'm just looking to build a Max and wanted to see what folks were getting out of these. Thanks for sharing what your findings are though, it's very helpful!
the max is around 100 ft less

With the 338 Sherman Max, 250g Berger Elite Hunter and VV N550, what kind of temperature vs. fps per degree F are you guys seeing? I'm thinking it's nearly a 1F to 1fps relationship. What are you guys seeing?

With the 338 Sherman Max, 250g Berger Elite Hunter and VV N550, what kind of temperature vs. fps per degree F are you guys seeing? I'm thinking it's nearly a 1F to 1fps relationship. What are you guys seeing?
Took it out to 1358 yds today in temps about 15F below what I'd zeroed at and the using the 1fps to 1F in ABMobile put me spot on. Very still day so pretty confident. Anyone else playing with this?

Took it out to 1358 yds today in temps about 15F below what I'd zeroed at and the using the 1fps to 1F in ABMobile put me spot on. Very still day so pretty confident. Anyone else playing with this?
A spike bull back in designated wilderness fell to the 338 Sherman Max from 858 yds a couple of days ago. A bit of variable wind, but POI on the bedded bull was very close to POA right through the engine room...