338 rum and 225gr TTSX

alaska

What COAL are you all getting with the 225 TTSX in the 338 RUM

I measured mine at .050 off the lands and the bullet is at the 3rd Band on the bullet from the top.
That is way over the COAL that Barnes recommends.

That's an awfully light bullet for the .300 Rum so I'm not surprised you are having trouble seating it close to the lands without running the bullet out too far.

For the big case .338's like the Rum heavier bullets are preferred, this one sounds more like it is designed for the .338wm.

morning, the barnes .225gr. M/LE .338 Tac-TX-BT is

1.551 inches long. very good bullet. jackhammer on hogs.

the Berger 250gr .338 VLD is

1.628 inches long.

I do not have a heavier gr. .338 bullet.

make a dummy round for maximum length of ur chamber. check the length of various

bullets on the market today and choose. Barnes and Berger r very good choices. I do

not shoot the heavier long bullets in my 340wb. nothing in TX. or OKLA

i hunt needs a heavier bullet than a 250gr.

where u hunt a heavier bullet may b desired.gun)

alaska,
In the last several months since the thread started have you worked things out with the 225 TTSX?

I was getting 3090fps with 97.5grs H1000. 28 inch Benchmark light palma. I tried Rl 22 but it did not shoot as good. I sold my 338 Ultra to a friend. I am going to build another 338 Ultramag . #5 Brux 27 1/2 inch finished .Going to try RL 23 and 225 TTSX.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.