338 Rocky mountain bullets

A friend of mine has shot sambar with the 450 grn 416 call pill with great results.

Huge wound channel and opened up to nearly 2" of frontal area on the pills. They killed alright !

We have been running the 275 grn 338 cal through a Lap imp and getting about 3100 wtih over 100 grns of retumbo. Accuracy has been freaky good, but have not shot a game animal with them yet.

I have yet had the time to shoot my loaded 275s' through my 30 " edge. We have a accuracy load at 96 grns retumbo doing 2970 at the muzzle. 4 ft deviation in speed over a ten shot string.

Overall I am very impressed with these bullets and for my thinking they have looked the best al tipped pill I have seen.

As far aas someone saying the BCs are wrong, we have not found this. The quoted BC for the BArrett has been dead on . Also with the 275 338 cal. So no complaints from us.

Yes you are right they are pricey but I think they are all that and a bit more. My edge will hit around 400 fps faster at a grand than with the smk... also way flatter.

Cheers

Duh

Yes you are right they are pricey but I think they are all that and a bit more. My edge will hit around 400 fps faster at a grand than with the smk... also way flatter.

Cheers

Duh

Hey DUH,
How's it going.
Would you say that these bullets are better than the New Berger 300gn Hybrid?

Hey DUH,
How's it going.
Would you say that these bullets are better than the New Berger 300gn Hybrid?

Hey buddy !

All going well down my way mate, but have not been hunting alot with family demands limiting my time in the bush so far this year. Hoping to put a big spring campaign in though.

I have never used the hybrid bullet so cant comment, but I have so far been very impressed with the RMB. They are a very sexy looking pill and I think will iron out a few concerns I have with the smk at extended ranges.

Cheers

DUH

DUH,
Happy wife and kids, happy life that's for sure.
Plenty of time for hunting.

I have two weeks off work and hope to stir up a stag during this time with Nick.

Going to use my .338 Edge or RUM. I am using the 300gn SMK in the Edge as I have not been able to obtain a good supply of the Bergers yet.

I have some on order but no idea when they will turn up.

Any chance of you getting me some of the Rocky Mountain pills to try?

Cheers wad.

DUH,
Happy wife and kids, happy life that's for sure.
Plenty of time for hunting.

I have two weeks off work and hope to stir up a stag during this time with Nick.

Going to use my .338 Edge or RUM. I am using the 300gn SMK in the Edge as I have not been able to obtain a good supply of the Bergers yet.

I have some on order but no idea when they will turn up.

Any chance of you getting me some of the Rocky Mountain pills to try?

Cheers wad.

Try contacting Ballistic mechanical testing in Port Melb. Speak to Angus or Ben. They are the importers of them. I'm sure they have them in stock .

Cheers

DUH

I hated to dig this up, but I have been shooting these. No doubt the BC advertised is high but, by weight alone they are likely the highest BC lead core bullet on the market. The hardest I can run them is about 3275. They are predictable to 1800 yards as well. That's as far as I've shot them. they will print sub MOA groups. I only have one kill with them so far. At 780 yards they act like berger and /or the the wildcat bullets. There ain't any tracking.

I haven't seen any blemish's in the 300 I've used so far. The weight consistency is good too.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.