338 Lapua load

I wouldn't get too hung up on velocity. I always am hoping the accuracy load in a rifle is 50 fps short of a max load. My days of wanting to go as fast as possible and beat up cases and rifles are over.

I wouldn't get too hung up on velocity. I always am hoping the accuracy load in a rifle is 50 fps short of a max load. My days of wanting to go as fast as possible and beat up cases and rifles are over.

I'm with you on the importance of accuracy over speed, I was just wondering if something was not right with my components. I am just hope that the rifle is capable of some good groups.

I want= demand speed and accuracy from my 338 lapua and 338 lapua imp. . I always take my guns to the max then bring the load back down. If it shoots good with a hot load, then that were i shot it! Barrells are replaceable , or at least thats what my gunsmith keeps telling me!:D

All right so 90.5 worked out to be my most accurate load. But the more I shoot this rifle the more I find that it is going to be a 1.0 MOA rifle the way it sits. I've also found it to be sensitive. I need to be very aware of cheek pressure, trigger pull, ect ect. If I pull a shot it's not just a bit out side the group, it winds up 1.5 inches away from it.

Have you guys found your rifles to be like this?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.