338 Lapua Custom Build?

bubbagodkin

Hello,
After alot of reading I have decided upon the caliber of my next build. I want a long range 338 lapua. This rifle will be made from the ground up and I am looking for opinions on components? The other option is I can buy a brand new sako trg 42 in 338 lapua for $3000 after taxes (canadian so this is a decent price). So if this can be done for a fair bit under that price my decision will be alot easier.
Which ever I get will be wearing a busnell 6500 4.5-30x 50mm obj, 30 mm tube..

I am am leaning towards a manner tcs gat stock and a lilja barrel (not sure on dimensions yet). What action would you guys reccomend?

Never mind guys, I am gonna buy a remington mlr in 338 lapua and see how it goes, if nothing else it gives me a base to start customizing my long range unit.

Hi there.
I'm not sure about your choice of scopes for your new rig
In my opinion you should go the whole hog and get a nightforce or similar quality scope.
Quality of optics always pays in the end and you won't go past the NXS for that.
I have a Blaser LRS 2 tactical in 338 Lapua and have the NXS 5.5x22x56.
I have no regrets about my purchase.
Regards.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.