338 edge loads w 285 eldM

TX mountain hunter

Looking for some data or pet loads for my 338 edge w 285 eldM. I have a good hunting load 0-800 and this will solely be for beyond that. Temps vary 90*F+ to below freezing so I'm thinking H1000 but I have Retumbo & N570 too. How much jump?

I'm in just to see what info is given. I have an edge coming and never loaded for one. I have loaded for 25-30 different centerfire and will wait to see what info is posted
My questions are if you have a good load for 800 why is it not good for farther?
Are you planning on having two different loads and use one dependent on distance.

I'm in just to see what info is given. I have an edge coming and never loaded for one. I have loaded for 25-30 different centerfire and will wait to see what info is posted
My questions are if you have a good load for 800 why is it not good for farther?
Are you planning on having two different loads and use one dependent on distance.
It's a 225 ttsx that I won't trust at lower velocities. 800 may be a stretch.

Tagging in as well. I shoot 300 Berger OTMs in mine but always like to hear of others experiences with different components.

IMG_2208.jpg
...the EDGE compared to the plain Jane ho-hum hum 7mm rem mag...truly "big medicine"...

@LRNut....what are your load details and barrel length?
Barrel is 28 inches; not sure what details you want. Nosler 300 RUM brass, neck turned (but I don't think it makes a difference), Fed 215M primers (I have a bunch of match primers but never bothered to try them in this rifle because it shoots so well).

I shoot 285 ELDs in two Lapuas that I have. One shoots 88 gr Retumbo at 2850 (almost the same ballistics as the 300 Berger) while the other uses 87 gr 8133. Both shoot great.