338 Edge Cow Hunt

Awesome DAD!!!! You either really downloaded that Edge or them boys are really fast on the camera button to catch impact clips!!!!! Just kidding that's still awesome!
Nothing like having a boys day! Got it done on a nice cow with the 338 Edge. Wish I could post the video but pictures will have to do. 437 yards and she never left her bed. No that was not a Hammer Bullet, but it was an impressive vapor trail to dirt nap.
Had an opportunity to take the boys on their first elk hunt Baker is 6 and Vaughn is 4. Was surprised to pull it off, but we did. It was more fun army crawling into position with the boys then it was pulling the trigger! The memories and the smiles that happened today will forever be cherished.
The more hunting seasons that pass the more excited I am to teach, learn, and create memories in hunting and shooting. Blessed to be able to spend time outdoors, and more blessed to spend time with the future of generation of hunting, and shooting.
Take the kids hunting, you just might pull a rabbit out of the hat and have a story for all to remember. Happy hunting.

I love my edges.. what bullet and speed are you running
Currently running a 262 grain copper bullet, it a prototype that we developed, just making sure everything performs as expected on animals. Obviously it does, but we believe it is better to test, and retest before making claims on performance. So far it hasn't needed any tweaking.
So my load is actually very mild out of the edge, I built the rifle 2 years ago and we developed the 338 bullet around a 338 RUM, Lapua, and the Edge.
I started initial load development at 92 grains of H1000. I stoped with 92.5 gr of H1000 due to it producing a literal 1 hole 3 shot group. I have been meaning to load up with it but due to load development with other rifles it sat on the back burner. Muzzle velocity is running 2992 with an SD of 8. This is a standard throated Edge, not plus P.
In a separate Edge I have run the same bullet over 3056 without pressure running Retumbo out of a 28 in proof 1-9.3. Rifle was a bit finicky with H1000, but absolutely hammers with Retumbo.

Awesome DAD!!!! You either really downloaded that Edge or them boys are really fast on the camera button to catch impact clips!!!!! Just kidding that's still awesome!
Had my spotting scope set up with the phone to record the video, unfortunately I can't figure out how to post the video!

This was a picture of the exit hole on a bull elk. The bullet entered mid ribs on the right side and excited left side of the neck. Bull has the exact same tracking job as the cow, didn't go anywhere. Bull was shot with a 338 Edge at 326 yards.

Attachments

• 0AA88E1D-CBE9-4EB6-83DB-953FD8D9EEFD.jpeg
    0AA88E1D-CBE9-4EB6-83DB-953FD8D9EEFD.jpeg
    222.1 KB · Views: 63
I can PM my address to you for further testing ! 😃😃
I have a pile of 338's ! 😎😎
24" , 26" 30" barrels, Edge's and Rum's !!

It looks to me the bullet is doing its Job !
Thank you for posting this !
Keep up the good work !!

Rum Man

I'm really curious about the bullet as well, wondering how it would do in a 33 nosler

I'm really curious about the bullet as well, wondering how it would do in a 33 nosler
As long as you are running a 1-9.3 or faster you will have no problems stabilizing the bullet. The issues with running full copper bullets is the length to weight ratio. Copper being very light you have lathe turn a very long bullet. This particular bullet is 1.75" at 262 grains.

As long as you are running a 1-9.3 or faster you will have no problems stabilizing the bullet. The issues with running full copper bullets is the length to weight ratio. Copper being very light you have lathe turn a very long bullet. This particular bullet is 1.75" at 262 grains.
What is the name/company of these bullets? Is there a website? Sorry if I missed it.

What is the name/company of these bullets? Is there a website? Sorry if I missed
They are more than likely going to launch in the spring. I will say they are an outstanding hunting bullet and very easy to load. Accuracy has not been an issue whatsoever in load development.