• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

338 Allen Xpress FS - $2500

jmden

EDIT: SOLD!

338 Allen Xpress FS - $2500

For sale is a 338 Allen Xpress (338 Lapua Improved) built by Kirby Allen. FL bushing die and Forstner Micrometer Seating Die included. Ship to your FFL in CONUS only. Shipping determined between parties and paid by buyer.

Specs:

-29" Rock Creek 1:10 Medium Palma heavy fluted barrel - approx 1000 rounds down tube (rarely shot more than once in 5 min.)
-BAT MACHINE HR PIC with integral 20 MOA rail and integral lug, CAD customized by BAT to take the 4" Wyatt's box (first one they did this with) - there is a little galling on the bolt lug
-Wyatt's 4" box
-PTG bottom metal (bedded)
-Jewel HVRTS trigger at about 6 oz.
-Manners EH1 Elite Tactical in Midnight w/ BDL mini chassis (makes it much stronger--two previous stocks were broken by this rifle until the BDL mini chassis)
-modified DE adjustable cheekpiece
-bedded by Tom Manners himself into this stock
-Allen Precision PainKiller Medium muzzle brake

Scope and rings not included and bipod and bipod rail not included. Integral Manners factory screws for your own rail.

This thing has still been shooting great with groups in the .1s to .3s regularly when I did my part with 103g N570 pushing a 300g Berger EH at 3030 fps. This load had taken a number of critters the past several years. Before that I was running 101g Retumbo, but the N570 seemed to have significantly better consistency and had a better velocity. It almost go boring slamming gongs past 1000 yds.

I have FL bushing die/Forster micrometer seating die, properly sized threaded brass for Hornady OAL tool. Dummy rounds for trim length, chamber length, load data/recipe, etc. With N570 and Fed 215M primers and Lapua brass, this thing should be nearly turnkey and shooting well with a good (NF!) scope and you can see from the pics that I used two sets of NF rings--the front set pushed forward in the rail and the rear set pushed backwards in the rail. This rifle had also broken a set another manufacturers set of 'high end' rings as well as two other stocks, however the recoil is just fine. My (at the time) young girls aged 10 or less shot it long distance without complaint...man up, you guys!!
smile.png
My 13 yo girl three years ago shot it a few times in prep for an elk hunt. The grown men at the range would cringe and she'd be like 'that was not an issue'.

Prob forgot something here. Ask questions.

IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG

IMG_0203.JPG

IMG_0204.JPG

IMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0201.JPG

IMG_0202.JPG
IMG_0200.JPG

Last edited:
Does this shoot as good as the 338 edge you sold me?

IMG_1199.JPG

Die set.

IMG_1198.JPG

Perfectly fitted to chamber (not the ill-fitting 'factory' versions you get from Hornady for standard chambers) and threaded case for Hornady OAL guage.

IMG_1197.JPG

Dummy OAL to lands case. Throat has not moved in 3 years. Last time I checked this late last year (haven't fired it since) it still had not moved. I am very careful not to heat up my barrels--perhaps the best thing you can do to preserve barrel life.

IMG_1196.JPG

Actual chamber length checked with Sinclair tool and recorded here--2.730. I usually trimmed to 2.710.

Any brass included with the sale? Would hate to squander what barrel life is left fire forming brass... crazy to think that the rifle has broken two stocks maybe the third is a charm!

There's less than 10 pieces of brass left, but will include what I have. The thing to do is to send 100 pcs of new 338 Lapua Mag brass to Kirby and he fireforms them for $1 each.

The stocks were damaged behind the recoil lug where some stock material was giving way. Both Manner's stocks. Both times I talked to Tom Manners and he replaced the stocks free of charge. The second time it happened he said I could have any stock I wanted in any configuration as he felt so bad. He and I both thought the BDL mini chassis would fix the issue that was occurring and it has. That's why I said Tom bedded it himself as the last time it happened I sent the rifle to him, which let them do the CAD inlet thing too.