33 nosler wildcat

I'm gonna be on my 3rd firing of nosler brass,

Do you know about how many I can get out of them?

Seems like you see a lot of folks chasing that longer mag box to fit these longer bullets without eating into the case capacity too much. While the 28 nosler is a great cartridge and has enjoyed a ton of success and popularity, the 33 nosler was designed just a bit shorter so it could utilize the 250+ class bullets with higher BCs and still fit in a standard length magazine. Turn the page and the extremely popular hunting bullets from hammer have a ton of great options in those higher weight classes but they get so long that it's difficult to fit them in a standard length mag. Enter the 33 nos improved case, I think the 40 degree shoulder would give it better consistency and gain just enough FPS out of the shorter case to maybe even catch up to 300 PRC velocities (30-33 nosler improved) but able to be chambered in a standard length box. It's probably an insanely expensive idea that would prove me wrong in so many ways but the concept seems too fun to not try !

it all depends on how you reload and what you call as max pressure everybody makes that call differently.

everybody says Hornady is junk but i have cases at 15 reloads but they are not Peterson same goes for Nosler. if people would load to where the brass wants to be instead of where they think it should most brass will last quite a while.
if loaded within its limits even Nosler will last 10-12 or more but push it and Nosler like Hornady will give up the ghost rather quickly.

just changing from 35 to 40 degrees will not gain much you would have to also blow it out to really gain anything.

you can order a reamer with just a neck down and the proper freebore this allows you to use standard 30 nosler dies by just shortening them and save the cost and wait of customs and in the end wont sacrifice much if any in the velocity department.

now full blown custom will give you a good boost in speed and efficency and with proper dies will also gain in case life

I had all the same questions, then i got to shoot a 330 Dakota WOW just loved it, had to have one, you can run a 200 Nosler BT at 3220 and IT works. Built it on a pre war m70 with 26 inch barrel, recoil seems to be less than my 270. It likes H414 powder. I get brass from Dakota,...

Grafs.com
Screenshot_20210915-163752_Chrome.jpg

Bought alot from them in the past. I have not got any yet, I bought a pile of nosler and only began load development

it all depends on how you reload and what you call as max pressure everybody makes that call differently.

everybody says Hornady is junk but i have cases at 15 reloads but they are not Peterson same goes for Nosler. if people would load to where the brass wants to be instead of where they think it should most brass will last quite a while.
if loaded within its limits even Nosler will last 10-12 or more but push it and Nosler like Hornady will give up the ghost rather quickly.
I agree it's all up to load and how hard you push it, I was referring more to just standard loading brass life, I know I worded the question not specific enough.

only as far as there is only one manufacture of it unless someone else picks it up. now if people have the equipment to reform from 28 or 30 that changes things.
I personally think that the 33 case is the perfect case for use in unmodified actions with OAL limits
You can form 33 from the 30 fairly easy in a standard FL die. Just takes time and neck turning afterwards.