33 nosler brass

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by frostop, Oct 19, 2018.

1. frostop

frostop Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any experience with the Hornady vs. Nosler brass?

I only ask because I have not had good luck with the Nosler stuff in the past, expanded primer pockets!

Gary

2. rfurman24

rfurman24 Well-Known Member

Enlighten me. Where are you getting Hornady brass for the 33 Nosler?

3. Rhovee

Rhovee Well-Known Member

I saw that they are making 28 Nosler brass as well. But all the Hornady brass I have used with different rifles was trash. I would not expect anything different.

4. frostop

I saw Midway had some Hornady available(currently backordered)

I just emailed bertram about 33 nosler and they replied not any time soon.
    Bertram would be sweet!

Gary

5. rfurman24

rfurman24 Well-Known Member

I have been enlightened. Thanks. I did not see that listed in their new products. It appears as if they will be offering all of the Nosler cartridges. This is good to know. I have never been impressed with Hornady brass. It is very inconsistent in weight and neck thickness. With the Creedmoor it does not seem to have any affect on accuracy. I may have to try some 30 Nosler when available.

6. LongBomber

LongBomber Well-Known Member

I have formed 33 out of 26 and 30nos brass, also formed a couple from bertram 338edge brass. After forming and reaming/turning they all worked out ok. The bertram has a tiny bit less case capacity, I didn't really see any advantage over the nosler brass. Pressure signs at very similar velocities, so there was noting to gain. I have 7 loads on most of the brass, primer pockets seem fine on all of it.

7. frostop

Great LB, maybe I just had a bad run of 280 Ackley brass out of Nosler or I pushed them to hard out of my Encore? Will probably just run with the Nosler stuff, sounds like the hornady stuff might not be worth the savings??