33 nosler load data.

Rusty85

Just picked up a 33 nosler. Does anyone have a good starting point for a load? I have a few boxes of 250 Berger elite hunters so that's what going to start out shooting. Any help would be great.
Thanks

RL19 seems to give the best speeds, both in noslers book and past my labradar. But I have a pile of 7977, been running that with the 225ttsx and the 230eldx. Both around 2850fps, the max speed I could get was 2890, but the brass took a pounding.
I have run the 265lrx and 285eld but the speeds were pretty slow, the 265 was just under 2700 and the 285 was around 2640.

What rifle is your 33 in?

RL19 seems to give the best speeds, both in noslers book and past my labradar. But I have a pile of 7977, been running that with the 225ttsx and the 230eldx. Both around 2850fps, the max speed I could get was 2890, but the brass took a pounding.
I have run the 265lrx and 285eld but the speeds were pretty slow, the 265 was just under 2700 and the 285 was around 2640.

What rifle is your 33 in?

It's a semi-custom on a trued 700 action with a 1:10 twist 26" tube. I don't have it in my possession yet but it's on it's way, should see it in a week or so. What's yours in?

Nice! Mines a Nosler 48 longrange, shoots well but I envisioned more of a sendero contoured barrel than a #3. I am pretty limited by a 3.4" mag length it puts the heavy bullet seated deep.

I looked at at exact gun but was deterred by mag length. With my setup I should be able to take full advantage of the 250's and shoot the 300's if for some reason I was compelled to but I don't think the 33 would handle the 300's very well.

I was hoping that the m48 would have a standard 3.6" mag length, but with the trigger group and bolt stop setup I don't see a way to get a longer mag length on that action. I don't mind doing some machine work, but I don't see a way to get it done.

I have posted several pics on here before, the longer mag length that you have will be perfect for seating most bullets right at the base of the neck. A 285eld seated like that cycles perfectly in a rem 700 action. I am curious just how much speed you can pick up.

I have been happy with mine, so far its been easy to load for and very accurate. The 4 bullets I have tried all shot great, just a tad slower than nosler manual loads.

I'll let you know how she runs. After I get her broke in.
I recently purchased a Christensen arms classic in 33 nosler I topped it at least for the time being with a Bushnell forge 4.5-27. I am currently breaking in the barrel with bullets I had laying around waiting on the Nosler 265 accubond lr to ship in what I am told is July. Has anyone work up anyload they would like to share for me to try until then?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts