311 grain wildcats

brandangoman

I took them to the range with some high expectations. The first shot with my 338 snipe-tac and 132 grains of BMG-50. Nada, zip, zero. I was amazed thinking I did something wrong. I had ten for testing in my 1-9.4 twist rock abs barrel. They were ladder loaded by one grain increments to 136 and then by 1/2 grain. Fired round two dead center hit of the burm but 12 feet right. fired # three at 135 grains shot gun blast at 75 yds. I don't expect that even a 8 twist barrel will work, maybe so. The other thing is I am not sure if these are the first batch with thin jackets or the heavier jackets. So i went again today fired then next three upto 137 no pressure signs but only burm hits at the end of the range. The verified my gun was still on with 142 grains bmg and 300 grain matchkings. Had a couple of 3 shot groups in 1/4 moa range. It looks like the 265 are the way to go. Maybe Richard has heard if they will fly out of someone elses gun. Hopes so they look promising. Let me know if anyone has had any other experiences with them. Also these were the ones that Richard sent to Dave Viers. I would be curious about the jacket thickness. I have four left I am going to pull them. If Dave does not want them back and someone else wants to try 'em give me a holler

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.