.308 - TSX 130gr

Interesting that most have had good results with Varget and the 130 TTSX. In my rifle the group size doubled with Varget. Benchmark shot much better than I expected. Results were easily repeated.

Interesting that most have had good results with Varget and the 130 TTSX. In my rifle the group size doubled with Varget. Benchmark shot much better than I expected. Results were easily repeated.
I also was expecting to see more CFE233 loads as I've read it's the way to get more speed out of a 308. But also it's why I made the post asking. I didn't / don't know... thanks for the Benchmark info. Much appreciated

I also was expecting to see more CFE233 loads as I've read it's the way to get more speed out of a 308. But also it's why I made the post asking. I didn't / don't know... thanks for the Benchmark info. Much appreciated
I shoot cfe the most in my 308's with heavier 175 and 180's long range. But for lighter 125 and 130's H4895 works best for me. Under half moa

130 TTSX in a 16" T3x 308, 49.5 grains H335 haven't ran it over a chronograph but others that are running it in similar configured. 308's claim the velocity is around 2950 fps.
It a load that certainly kills well!

Picked up some of these to try; anyone have a load they could share? Thanks.
My Ruger GS Scout and Armalite AR10 love the 130's. 47.5 grains Varget, Lapua brass and BR2's. The Scout puts 3 in .5 and the AR10 does .75. My go to load for all my 308's. My old HandiRifle even does 1". Obviously start low and work up to insure they're safe in your rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.