130gr ttsx, lapua, varget, 308 load

Wildhog

Sinclair has lapua 308 win brass $72.00 100 pieces also has the 308 palma on sale its a few dollars more. Ive never ued the lapua brass but for this price im going to try it. Thought soneone else might be intrested so I thought I would post this just in case. My question is has anyone loaded the 130 gr ttsx in 308 win with varget? I thought I might gain some velocity. I looked at barnes web site and printed out reload data. It only listed 2 powders. If you have reloaded 130ttsx in 308 win any replys or suggestions on different powder choices that worked well, and veolicty data would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

That's my wifes antelope round. 48-49g of Varget with the 130g TTSX works great.

Hodgon's online database shows tons of different powders for the 130g's.

With the 130s compressed H4895 is the coldest id use, varget is to slow for the lightweights imo also Imr4198 is a good choice for the 130s or Benchmark.

Wildhog...I just read your post so this might be a moot reply. I load Barnes 130g TTSX for my 308 win. My rifle has a barrel length of 20 1/4 in and has a 1:11" twist rate. I have tried both Varget and 8208xbr but I get the best results from AA2230. I have a Chrony Beta Master Chronograph and get a MV of 3085 fps. I use Lapua brass; CCI 200 Large Rifle primers; 48.5g of AA2230 and I seat the bullets according to the Barnes reccomendations. My COL is 2.885 in. I had the good fortune this season to take a doe and a buck and both were down with one shot. If you have not already done so talk to the Tech guys at Barnes. They have always been happy to answer my questions and have been very helpful. I hope you find this useful.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.