• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

308 ammo for kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Len. With all the communication that can get confusing the hunt is in Texas. The target animal is axis deer. Im just overwhelmed with all of this and words can't express how grateful I am to you and everyone involved.

Just a new addition to this hunt. Since alot of members have been contacting me and don't have any ammo to send, but they may have hunting gear that they are not using anymore and want to contribute to the hunt. If any of all our members has some good hunting gear that they have in storage and not using -- Maybe the boys could use??? Why have good hunting gear just sitting around and not being used? Hunting gear needs to be out in the field. I am sure that most of us have some gear just crying in our closets or storage wanting to be of use. If you have anything you might want to donate please speak up. Not only for these young men Carson, Jake and Tanner, but other young hunters that you may know. It is better to give than to let that gear sit and never be used. This goes for all our young shooters and hunters. We need to keep this sport going and the only way is to get the youth in this country to be involved. This means the ALL OF US need to be INVOLVED. Always think about hoewhappy you were when you fisrt went hunting/shooting. Let's pass that happiness on.

Not sure about all this purchase stuff on here. I'm really not into it do to all the scams and fraud. I tend to just let it be do to the regulation and restrictions they have on here. I donate to all my military,police, and Fire Department. My biggest contributions go to BK- Brothers Keepers.

Just a new addition to this hunt. Since alot of members have been contacting me and don't have any ammo to send, but they may have hunting gear that they are not using anymore and want to contribute to the hunt. If any of all our members has some good hunting gear that they have in storage and not using -- Maybe the boys could use??? Why have good hunting gear just sitting around and not being used? Hunting gear needs to be out in the field. I am sure that most of us have some gear just crying in our closets or storage wanting to be of use. If you have anything you might want to donate please speak up. Not only for these young men Carson, Jake and Tanner, but other young hunters that you may know. It is better to give than to let that gear sit and never be used. This goes for all our young shooters and hunters. We need to keep this sport going and the only way is to get the youth in this country to be involved. This means the ALL OF US need to be INVOLVED. Always think about hoewhappy you were when you fisrt went hunting/shooting. Let's pass that happiness on.
Hello there,

I'm not sure how you're fairing with the 308 ammo, but this is in stock on the Federal website and it works great.

Federal Terminal Ascent - 308

If you have an ammo budget and can't find anything to buy, I would recommend it.

First of all charity is not a bad word. Charity is the voluntary giving of assistance to those in need.

The act of charity can be giving someone a bottle of water on a hot day.

Giving someone a dollar at the store checkout because they are short.

Helping out a family member or close friend with a few hundred to help offset medical bills.

Helping a few guys out with some ammo you're willing to part with.

Thanks Len. With all the communication that can get confusing the hunt is in Texas. The target animal is axis deer. Im just overwhelmed with all of this and words can't express how grateful I am to you and everyone invol
One of my really good friends passed away a few years back from a bad car accident. He left 3 young boys behind. His one son has taken up hunting and is headed on a hunt in Texas to honor his dad. Carson is husky 14 year old that's been hunting for a couple years now . I'm in charge of supplying ammo but go figure I can't find any. I'd like to find him 4 boxes of the same ammo in either 150 or 165 grain that way he can practice and have enough to take with him. Let me know if you have any. Thanks
BG, I own a private rifle range near Cumby, Texas. If you and the boys are in need of a serious place to sit down and tune up the rifles, you are welcome to use my facilities. The maximum distance is only 300 yards, but it should get you started. We are about 70 miles east of Dallas off I-30. God bless for taking these young men under your wing!

Well, you can't. You are flat out wrong. You have to use a customer care center, or whatever they call them. Maybe the one closest to you is that type of center, but for most rural towns, we don't have those. I ship ammo through ups on a weekly basis, and have to drive an hour to get to the location that will ship it. I drive past 2 of them that cannot. They cannot ship firearms either. The guy who own my local ups store has an ffl and runs a range, and he can't ship ammo or firearms. We've discussed it many times. What 338 dude said is absolutely correct. You do have to attach the label that you showed, but not all ups locations can ship ammo.
:D Yes. UPS can ship ammo. I just did it on Friday. 8-boxes of factory 30-06 to another state.
They have sticker labels 'Ordnance' too.
Back in 2013, I was able to ship ammo thru the Post Office - but not anymore.

:D Yes. UPS can ship ammo. I just did it on Friday. 8-boxes of factory 30-06 to another state.
Yes UPS can and does ship ammo no one has ever disputed that but it is only at certain stores and customer care centers each store sets their own rules as they are independently owned

Just a new addition to this hunt. Since alot of members have been contacting me and don't have any ammo to send, but they may have hunting gear that they are not using anymore and want to contribute to the hunt. If any of all our members has some good hunting gear that they have in storage and not using -- Maybe the boys could use??? Why have good hunting gear just sitting around and not being used? Hunting gear needs to be out in the field. I am sure that most of us have some gear just crying in our closets or storage wanting to be of use. If you have anything you might want to donate please speak up. Not only for these young men Carson, Jake and Tanner, but other young hunters that you may know. It is better to give than to let that gear sit and never be used. This goes for all our young shooters and hunters. We need to keep this sport going and the only way is to get the youth in this country to be involved. YThis means the ALL OF US need to be INVOLVED. Always think about hoewhappy you were when you fisrt went hunting/shooting. Let's pass that happiness on.
You are right about supporting kids in the sport.

I do 12 to 14 AR15 barrels a year for the TX JRs Rifle Team from donated blanks from Shilen. We just finished the fund raising for the team. Bayou Rifles in Houston is the venue for the yearly event. The match fees, concession, and raffle proceeds go to the funds to finance their trip to Camp Perry. Breakfast, coffee, donuts and Kolaches, burger and hot dogs for lunch by donation only. It is not uncommon for people to drop 20 bucks for coffee and a donut or kolache.

We support our junior shooters in TX.

Did you even read my post that you quoted? I stated that I ship ammo with them on a roughly weekly basis. How do you quote someone's post without even reading it? Thank you for contributing nothing and dragging me into it.

First of all charity is not a bad word. Charity is the voluntary giving of assistance to those in need.

The act of charity can be giving someone a bottle of water on a hot day.

Giving someone a dollar at the store checkout because they are short.

Helping out a family member or close friend with a few hundred to help offset medical bills.

Helping a few guys out with some ammo you're willing to part with.
Absolutely right "Charity" is not a bad word and I never intended it to sound that . Maybe I used my words incorrectly and I apologize if I offended anyone. My intent was to not make the sponsors of these young men fell like they couldn't do this on their own. They posted that they were looking for ammo for so Carson could shoot because of the scarisity of ammo. Jill and I thought that it would be great if we could get enough ammo for all three boy to shoot and target pratice. We personally were donating ammo and thought that other members would want to do the same so we started asking other members that we know and they said why don't post this for everyone can get involved. I must that the response to this is overwhelming how members reacted so positivly. Jeff, Roy, Carson, Jake, and Tanner are extremly greatful for what the members on LRH are doing. Jill and I thank everyone for the bottom or our hearts for trying to make these you men out.

Everybody let's just stay focused on what this post is all about-Getting some ammo to these young men. I am jut trying to help out with getting the ammo shippedd and some members want to jump on this post and start a pis**ing match on weather you can shp from a USP store or center. I posted the UPS regulations for everyone to read themselves. I have been to six localy owned shipping stores and never had a problem. I have a UPS account and pay for and print out shipping lables along with the DIAMOND for ammo from my house. I make my package and drop it off or have the ups delivery person pick it up at my house. If your local UPS store won't ship your ammo then go to your UPS center. Let's stop all the back and forth and focus on this is all about. If you don't want to contribute and don't ship then stay off the post.

This POST on 308 AMMO will be wrapping up on Friday May 30th. I am sure that most members have read it so far. Fot those that have contributed we thank you very much for your generosity. If anyone still wants to contribute ammo or funds please contact me for the detais so we can finalize by weeks end.
Thank you very much!
Len & Jill

Status
Not open for further replies.