• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

308 ammo for kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody let's just stay focused on what this post is all about-Getting some ammo to these young men. I am jut trying to help out with getting the ammo shippedd and some members want to jump on this post and start a pis**ing match on weather you can shp from a USP store or center. I posted the UPS regulations for everyone to read themselves. I have been to six localy owned shipping stores and never had a problem. I have a UPS account and pay for and print out shipping lables along with the DIAMOND for ammo from my house. I make my package and drop it off or have the ups delivery person pick it up at my house. If your local UPS store won't ship your ammo then go to your UPS center. Let's stop all the back and forth and focus on this is all about. If you don't want to contribute and don't ship then stay off the post.
amen brother the people that ship for a living know what's up and can get it done without winning about it

One of my really good friends passed away a few years back from a bad car accident. He left 3 young boys behind. His one son has taken up hunting and is headed on a hunt in Texas to honor his dad. Carson is husky 14 year old that's been hunting for a couple years now . I'm in charge of supplying ammo but go figure I can't find any. I'd like to find him 4 boxes of the same ammo in either 150 or 165 grain that way he can practice and have enough to take with him. Let me know if you have any. Thanks
It looks like you will have plenty of ammo from members that are already donating. I have a pair of like new Danner Pronghorn boots size 8.5 men's if that would fit the boy., I bought them for my grandson when he drew a desert bighorn tag in New Mexico at age 10 he was 5'2" and 110# then, he is now 19 years old 6'4" and 195# and wears a size 15 boot. We would also be willing to do something for the other boys that are not going hunting if you guys don't have that covered. If you can work you way to the Texas panhandle while you are here we could try to put the kids on some feral hogs. I have plenty of guns and ammo for them also.

It looks like you will have plenty of ammo from members that are already donating. I have a pair of like new Danner Pronghorn boots size 8.5 men's if that would fit the boy., I bought them for my grandson when he drew a desert bighorn tag in New Mexico at age 10 he was 5'2" and 110# then, he is now 19 years old 6'4" and 195# and wears a size 15 boot. We would also be willing to do something for the other boys that are not going hunting if you guys don't have that covered. If you can work you way to the Texas panhandle while you are here we could try to put the kids on some feral hogs. I have plenty of guns and ammo for them also.
Carson takes a large jacket, medium/large shirts, size 11 boots and medium trousers. The other brothers are younger do those boots may fits. I will PM you.
Thanks much
Len & Jill

Good day all!
It looks like we have about enough 308 ammo if everyone that commited sends the ammo to Jeff. We also have some extremely generous members that have sent funds to help buy some extra equipment and extra funds for the trip. In addition to that we have some members with almost new to new equipment they want to donate. It's our goal to finish this Post up by the weeks end. This trip is taking place in October of this year so there is time for them to get everything ready. We all know that going on a hunting trip of your life time and traveling for hunt instead of your back yard is very exciting and takes time. Someone once said that "It Is Not The Destination, But The Journey That is Most Exciting.,."
In the event, in months to come, that you have some equipment that you want to send on the trip you can alwsys contact me and I will give you details on how to get whatever to Jeff & Roy.
Thanks much again for all of your generosity and support!
Good Bless
Carson, Jake, Tanner, Jeff, Roy.
Len & Jill

.Not sure about all this purchase stuff on here. I'm really not into it do to all the scams and fraud. I tend to just let it be do to the regulation and restrictions they have on here. I donate to all my military,police, and Fire Department. My biggest contributions go to BK- Brothers Keepers.
Dear Sir
I understand your concerns about scams. They do happen, and sometimes people start judging everyone else due to the 0.001% bad people. I commend you for your contributions to local FD MPs, and especially BK. You a good person and God Bless. We need more people like you in the community.
Thanks Len & Jill

You are right about supporting kids in the sport.

I do 12 to 14 AR15 barrels a year for the TX JRs Rifle Team from donated blanks from Shilen. We just finished the fund raising for the team. Bayou Rifles in Houston is the venue for the yearly event. The match fees, concession, and raffle proceeds go to the funds to finance their trip to Camp Perry. Breakfast, coffee, donuts and Kolaches, burger and hot dogs for lunch by donation only. It is not uncommon for people to drop 20 bucks for coffee and a donut or kolache.

We support our junior shooters in TX.
That is AWESOME that y'all do that in TX for your youth. It is so important to get our young people into the hunting/shooting sport so that it continues. It is so much better for a young lady or young man get into nature reather than sitting at home playing video games or getting into trouble. Wish more States and Counties did what y'all are doing.
Thanks much
Len & Jill

Blown away fellas just blown away what u guys have done in such a short time! Carson is beyond excited. Tanner just started hunting last yr so I'm hoping next yr I can maybe take the boys with me somewhere again. Hard to beat Texas!

Roy

Sorry I am late to the thread. I have been out shooting Sporting Clay the last few days with my daughter, so slacked on checking the board. Where are we at and what is needed? I have lots of 308 brass, Swift and Nosler bullets I can send or load and send. Do we need cash to make this happen, or some other support? I am also in Dallas and will help with the need.

One of my really good friends passed away a few years back from a bad car accident. He left 3 young boys behind. His one son has taken up hunting and is headed on a hunt in Texas to honor his dad. Carson is husky 14 year old that's been hunting for a couple years now . I'm in charge of supplying ammo but go figure I can't find any. I'd like to find him 4 boxes of the same ammo in either 150 or 165 grain that way he can practice and have enough to take with him. Let me know if you have any. Thanks
Hey brother did you get enough ammo? If not let me know I have plenty of new factory loads. I would love to help out!

Sorry I am late to the thread. I have been out shooting Sporting Clay the last few days with my daughter, so slacked on checking the board. Where are we at and what is needed? I have lots of 308 brass, Swift and Nosler bullets I can send or load and send. Do we need cash to make this happen, or some other support? I am also in Dallas and will help with the need.
Good day Sir

Due to the generosity of the members on this group we are getting set on ammo if we receive all the committed ammo. Still accepting funds for equipment because of three young men. If you ever had brothers or have sons you will know that when one gets something the others ones want the same thing. I will PM you.
Thank you so much for your interest.
Len & Jill

Hey brother did you get enough ammo? If not let me know I have plenty of new factory loads. I would love to help out!
Good day Sir

Due to the generosity of the members on this group we are getting set on ammo if we receive all the committed ammo. Still accepting funds for equipment because of three young men. If you ever had brothers or have sons you will know that when one gets something the others ones want the same thing. I will PM you.
Thank you so much for your interest.
Len & Jill

Dear Sir
I tried to PM you but either your preferences are turned off our you don't have enough message on this forum to get messages. I think you need 10., Try PM to me or send to my email. [email protected].

Thanks much
Len & Jill

Good day all!
We can't beleive the participation from this great group of women & men.
Due to the generosity of the members on this group we are getting set on ammo if we receive all of the committed ammo, but is always to how more than less. Still accepting funds for equipment because of three young men. If you ever had brothers or have sons you will know that when one gets something the other ones want the same thing. Jeff and Roy are thinking about taking the funds received and make up the difference to purchase any needed equipment along with another rifle for the boys. It will be difficult for three boys with only one rifle. So if anyone is still interested in even a small donation please PM me and I will provide you information on send funds.
Thank everyone for your generosity

Len & Jill
God Bless

Status
Not open for further replies.