• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

308 ammo for kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgbuck153

One of my really good friends passed away a few years back from a bad car accident. He left 3 young boys behind. His one son has taken up hunting and is headed on a hunt in Texas to honor his dad. Carson is husky 14 year old that's been hunting for a couple years now . I'm in charge of supplying ammo but go figure I can't find any. I'd like to find him 4 boxes of the same ammo in either 150 or 165 grain that way he can practice and have enough to take with him. Let me know if you have any. Thanks

Sorry for your loss. I'm sure he is looking down over you folks smiling and happy his sons are enjoying the outdoors. I have a case of Hornady 150 gr soft points the blue box you can have but idk if I can ship out ammo and the UPS plus hazmat fees would be outrageous.

If you reload I can send you 100 pcs of 308 brass plus 2 boxes of Hornady SST 150 or 165 grain bullets (your choice) so they have enough for load development, sight in and to hunt with. PM me and I can have them sent out to you, free no charge. God bless brother good luck!! Aloha

One of my really good friends passed away a few years back from a bad car accident. He left 3 young boys behind. His one son has taken up hunting and is headed on a hunt in Texas to honor his dad. Carson is husky 14 year old that's been hunting for a couple years now . I'm in charge of supplying ammo but go figure I can't find any. I'd like to find him 4 boxes of the same ammo in either 150 or 165 grain that way he can practice and have enough to take with him. Let me know if you have any. Thanks
There are several boxes on this site for sale. I'll look up the post

Sorry for your loss. I'm sure he is looking down over you folks smiling and happy his sons are enjoying the outdoors. I have a case of Hornady 150 gr soft points the blue box you can have but idk if I can ship out ammo and the UPS plus hazmat fees would be outrageous.

If you reload I can send you 100 pcs of 308 brass plus 2 boxes of Hornady SST 150 or 165 grain bullets (your choice) so they have enough for load development, sight in and to hunt with. PM me and I can have them sent out to you, free no charge. God bless brother good luck!! Aloha
You can send loaded ammo through UPS, I do it all the time with no extra charge. Just have to put a lable on it.

Attachments

• AMMO for UPS Shipping.jpg
    AMMO for UPS Shipping.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 25
There are several boxes on this site for sale. I'll look up the post
I'll chip in the money to pay for the ammo if someone sends the ammo so thess boys can shoot. PM me and I'll send the money to PayPal
God Bless
Thanks
Len & Jill
Coyote Shadow Tracker, LLC
Custom Rifle Chamgering & Cerakoting

Last edited:
You can send loaded ammo through UPS, I do it all the time with no extra charge. Just have to put a lable on it.
In Hawaii they make their own rules. I once had my luggage lost along with my bullets and since I had a week to wait I tried sending 4 boxes of factory ammo. They wanted $235, $200 for shipping and $35 Hazmat fees and I could see the island I needed my Bullets from!!! Luckily I had a fisherman from one island meet up with another fisherman from the island I was on and it was all good in 2 days. Went hunting for 2 weeks and didn't even chamber a single bullet!! Lol that's hunting

Talking with some people to find ammo. As soon as we find some we will get the ammo for free.

Find a UPS customer care center you need a limited quantities sticker and the fees are not that bad at all

chanFind a UPS customer care center you need a limited quantities sticker and the fees are not that bad at all
Lets get the facts straight for shipping ammo. You can ship loaded ammo through UPS as long as you put a shippinp lable on the package. It does NOT COST any more for shipping. Now I may have mis spoken on Hawaii for shipping. I lived there for 10 years 24 years ago and thing have changed,
These are the guidelines for shipping ammo in the US through UPS. It is a long reg so I put the link.

Shipping Ammunition: UPS - United States

UPS accepts for transportation such ammunition as constitutes 'cartridges, small arms,' as defined in 49 C.F.R. § 173.59.
https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-cent.../hazardous-materials/shipping-ammunition.page

I have shipped ammo from Tennessee to Florida many times using UPS it is usually in MTM case with 100 rounds for 300 WinMag if I remember correctly it comes with $100 of insurance I think it's $16 to ship it you used to need an ORMD sticker but that is now changed to limited quantities sticker

Status
Not open for further replies.