300wsm factoy ammo

shedhunt

Hello, I am putting this out there to try and help my brother in law who just got a Weatherby 300wsm. He is looking for a good all around factory ammo that he can hunt both deer and elk with and be able to shoot out to 500-700yds with. At this point he is not really interested in reloading so we are starting out with baby steps. I would welcome all helpful advise for a starting plat form, as I know all guns shoot differently and may not like every round fired through them.

Thank you,
Shedhunt

Don't have any experience with that exact round, but I have yet to find a gun that doesn't like Winchester combined tech bullets. Even have a 243 that is not worth reloading for it shoots so well. Another would be HSM. They load Berger bullets and there 338 300gr shoot fantastic from my laps.

snox801, thank you very much. I shoot the combined technology round through my 25-06 and absolutely love the performance. I will definitely take this and put it to the list that I am building for him.

Don't have any experience with that exact round, but I have yet to find a gun that doesn't like Winchester combined tech bullets. Even have a 243 that is not worth reloading for it shoots so well. Another would be HSM. They load Berger bullets and there 338 300gr shoot fantastic from my laps.

U want to buy some hsm 338 lapua. Mine hates the load!!!!
I have 15 left

If you can find them, 210 Berger from HSM.

Trophy Gold

or

Trophy Gold 300 WSM 210 gr. VLD, New

I've shot hsm 168 vld and 185 vld with mixed results but as far as factory ammo for my 300 wsm the winchester silver tip 180s and the red tipped 180s were the most consistent regardless of temperature. .... now handloadin 210 Bergers kissing the lands and am up to 63.5 grains of 7828ssc with no pressure signs.
Mines a factory Savage model 12 vlp and out to 440 it doesn't matter what you feed it it's accurate

I've shot hsm 168 vld and 185 vld with mixed results but as far as factory ammo for my 300 wsm the winchester silver tip 180s and the red tipped 180s were the most consistent regardless of temperature. .... now handloadin 210 Bergers kissing the lands and am up to 63.5 grains of 7828ssc with no pressure signs.
Mines a factory Savage model 12 vlp and out to 440 it doesn't matter what you feed it it's accurate

I'll be loading the 210s after hunting season on my new 300 WSM too and wondering what kind of velocity you're getting. Thanks!

I've had good luck with the 150 and 180 winchester supreme ballistic silver tips as far as hunting goes. Expansion is amazing, not much experience outside a few hundred yards with them tho.

I'll be loading the 210s after hunting season on my new 300 WSM too and wondering what kind of velocity you're getting. Thanks!

Somebody who has quick load might help. .. 63.5 grains of 7828ssc 26" tube 1:10 twist 210 vld.....I don't yet have a chronograph so I'm clueless just know it's one nice ragged hole if I do my part a wait a few minutes between shots.....

somebody who has quick load might help. .. 63.5 grains of 7828ssc 26" tube 1:10 twist 210 vld.....i don't yet have a chronograph so i'm clueless just know it's one nice ragged hole if i do my part a wait a few minutes between shots.....
~2750

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.