300wm

I think your better off with a wsm, I think they're more efficient with a shorter barrel. I'm working up a load in my 17.5'' 7wsm with r17 and a 168smk. I'm at 2850fps with no pressure signs at all... my buddy has a 300wsm in the works, should be pretty sweet with a 18'' barrel.

what action you use . im thinking savage action with maybe 17 inch barrel.what brand barrel you use .

It will work good.
I have had a 7.82 Patriot (larger than the 300WSM) in a sub 17" barrel and it worked great.

I've got an undesignated savage target action and a mcgowen barrel, they offer a great deal on pistol barrels...

i wounder how much a 17 in flutted barrel in eather 7mm wsm or 300 wsm would cost for a savage 10 action.and will a .308 bolt work for those.

I have a 18in Encore barrel plus JP brake, I only have about 250 rds down the tube. This length barrel seems to work great for me. I have only shot the Sierra 165 SPBT hunting bullet and the Sierra 190 gr MK, both seem to work in a 18 in barrel using IMR 4350. Have fun.

gravedigger

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.