300WM 700p vs 300 rum 700p

happylilcuss

First off sorry for making another post so closely related to my other. Also I did search the site however most of the info on the 700p is for the 338 lapua.

Second I found a smoking deal on some remington 700p rifles. Now I just need to figure out which cal to go with. Please convince me one way or the other. This is how I see it right now.

Both rifles are the same. Both rifles will need the same mods to make them as accurate as possible. The 300 win is cheaper to shoot. The RUM will shoot farther. The RUM also will shoot heavier bullets better. The win is used by the Military so there should always be a decent supply of parts and ammo. The RUM has heavier recoil but retains more energy way out there.

Please give me some info from your experiences on which way to go. The connection I found makes this pretty much too good to pass up. I have been thinking about a sendero but talked myself out of it to wait for a custom AM. Then this falls into my lap..
Thanks so much for your help and patience.
Dusty

i have a 700p 300 rum the recoil is about the same as my 300 wm sporter weight rifle the only mods i have done to it are a jewel trigger set a 1# and a wyatts mag so i can seat the bullits farther out. it shoots better than i can as my father can get smaller groups than i can its killed pigs out 500yd its my go to rifle i've shot up to 60 rds practicing without to much discomfort.i like my wm but the rum for me is more fun to shoot and once i shoot this barrel out it will be rebarrel to 338/300 ultra

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.