700P vs Sendero FS II

My post should have read Kimber, my phone doesn't recognise the word Kimber.

Cheers.

P. S.
The Kimber platform is one of the truest I have ever built off.
All of mine are exceptionally accurate.

I use a 700P for work and have for 15 years. The newest version of a 700P has a threaded barrel, 40X trigger and can be had for around $800. It comes with a HS Precision stock. If I were going to buy a new 300WM it would be on the list but for mountain hunting I would look hard at the Browning X-bolt stalker for $800 or a Tikka for even less and spend the savings on glass and practice ammo and range time.

Last week drove to cabelas and got got 700 AWR in 300 win mag while on sale + some gift cards. We did go through couple of different rifles to find one without stock touching barrel. So long story short, installed Talley and Razor HD LH using proper torque and blue locktide, and went to the range. Tried 5 different types of factory ammo, with best one grouping less that 3 inches. Today I drove back to cabelas, CS where nice and took rifle back. Now driving back home little sad, I understand it's not custom grade but Howa and my kids tikka performs way better.
I did hangout at Cabelas for on other 2 hr. Saw older model win 70 coyote light on huge sale but in 325wsm. It really solid tank and well balanced with ok trigger. Now I trying to talk my self out from buying one.

Comparing the 700P to the Sendero is comparing green apples to red apples, not too much of a difference.
If the only thing you can modify is the trigger I suggest you look at the Savage F/TR rifle. The factory accutrigger on those rifles is adjustable down to 6oz. It has a 30" heavy barrel and has been designed for F class competition. You can get one for $1000. Don't get me wrong, I love the 700 but this Savage 12 F/TR is more suited to what you want to do.

Comparing the 700P to the Sendero is comparing green apples to red apples, not too much of a difference.
If the only thing you can modify is the trigger I suggest you look at the Savage F/TR rifle. The factory accutrigger on those rifles is adjustable down to 6oz. It has a 30" heavy barrel and has been designed for F class competition. You can get one for $1000. Don't get me wrong, I love the 700 but this Savage 12 F/TR is more suited to what you want to do.
It is Heavy :) no way I would use that for hunting.

I can't fathom why folks are recommending rigs that are 12-15 lbs for mountain hunting. Unless you're built like Bill Goldberg or a linebacker, hauling a heavy rifle up and down mountain country is just not a good idea. You could get a Tikka for under $700 and 6.4 lbs with a 24" barrel that will typically shoot much better than most are capable of. I have heavy rifles, the one pictured left is 16lbs and shoots one hole but I would not take it on an elk hunt. I have an old Rem 700 BDL in 270 win which is a .75 shooter with factory ammo. I don't need more than that and it's what I would likely take on an elk hunt. Another great shooting, inexpensive lightweight rifle is the Browning A-Bolt for very little money. Mine put its first three rounds in the same hole and does so every time I take it out. I have a razor LH 3-15 on top, have killed about 25 deer with it. It's light, accurate and dependable and nothing I have ever shot with it cared about any level of being cool. Spend your money wisely and consider what really matters.

CD0EEC96-123F-4BB8-97CF-CFBBEE4A117D.jpeg
Tikka are nice really rifle! I bought one for my kids in 7-08 topped with Razor HD LH 2-10. Only one thing I personally dislike its stock. If I get tikka I would change stock to Manners . And it would bring me to 1.2$ mark. Just trying to something I don't have work on.

Last week drove to cabelas and got got 700 AWR in 300 win mag while on sale + some gift cards. We did go through couple of different rifles to find one without stock touching barrel. So long story short, installed Talley and Razor HD LH using proper torque and blue locktide, and went to the range. Tried 5 different types of factory ammo, with best one grouping less that 3 inches. Today I drove back to cabelas, CS where nice and took rifle back. Now driving back home little sad, I understand it's not custom grade but Howa and my kids tikka performs way better.
I did hangout at Cabelas for on other 2 hr. Saw older model win 70 coyote light on huge sale but in 325wsm. It really solid tank and well balanced with ok trigger. Now I trying to talk my self out from buying one.

remingtons are really hit and miss man - I use to have about 10 of them, now I am down to 1 - which will stay with me for sentimental reasons. There are so many better options out there. Tikka, Howa, Browning, Savage etc.

Savage maybe, I know it will shoot well but again stock.
The new savage 110 accufit accustocks are awesome. Has a full length aluminum bedding block, can adjust it to fit anybody...they are sweet. We have a 110 storm in 223. Gun drives tacks...

The new savage 110 accufit accustocks are awesome. Has a full length aluminum bedding block, can adjust it to fit anybody...they are sweet. We have a 110 storm in 223. Gun drives tacks...
I went too Cabela's to see in person Savage High Country. It's really heavy rifle for the size, look hot but feel in hands like 5$ whore. With reabate for sure it worth the price.

Last edited:
Life gets harder when I up rifle budget. And do to sale events I'm feeling like kid in candy store. And I need the scope too.
Bolt Stalker A-TACS AU Suppressor Ready Looks sexy and really attractive price. But no MOA guarantee. Many bad reviews in this forum on LR model. Basically I love them all but didn't have experience with any. CA Mesa, bergara Highlander, CA Ridgeline, Seeking PH2. Order to build one cost 2000$ but wouldn't gain anything, basically copying Bergara Highlander. Fierce Fury LR package with PST II 3-15 1000 yard set up. Of course I overpay but convince and hassle free 1000 yard rifle maybe worth it.
On glass side Nikon FX1000, Optica6, Zeiss V4, PST II. So I don't know which one :(

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.