got him running here is the rolled up trail
we were actually deer hunting but she got restless so i let her do some calling
this yote came on her first string useing the hotdog call (8 yrs old and can
call better than i can) yep, im proud of it though. :D
yote-1.jpg
:D
close up
yote-3.jpg

Goodness - that's a hole! I've worked up a good-shootin' .300 WSM load with Berger's 210 VLD, but so far have only shot targets with it... Looking forward to smacking a coyote and a mule deer with it...

Glad your little partner called in that yote for ya - that's great!

Mikebob,

Cute Daughter.

I have plenty of daughters, none of which hunt or call.

Too bad they're all through their teenage years or I'd trade all 5 of 'em for your one.:D

Amazing how much momentum a yote has. They seem to roll a long way after they run out of gas.

That's a good terminal performance data point on that particular bullet and velocity.

Royinidaho

My daughter wouldn't let me go without her. I wouldn't let her shoot anything bigger than 22 until she got her hunter safety card, so to keep her occupied I gave her a hotdog call one day. Boy she really fell in love with calling so now she does all the calling, my 13yr old son sits downwind and picks'em off close and I get the long ones. She is wanting to take the hunters safety class now so she can shoot her new 223 deer hunting. I guess even at 8yrs old you have to have it to hunt deer now. I hope she still does the calling because if she dont we'll be in a world of hurt if my son or I do the calling. My son is a crack shot to 500yrds but like me can't call a yote in with a big juicy steak tied around the neck. Hey, that just means a new fancy electronic call :D

mikebob,

Why is it that some can call once in a while but other have the knack?

Sounds like a real nice family set up.

It don't get any better than that.!

I have been thinking about that myself, I am wondering if I run my distress calls a little to long and they know something is up. My daughter has small lungs and her distress calls are real short kinda like a small lunged rabbit. I dont know really but my son and I went out today( didnt call in a **** thing, daughter was in dance class) but i noticed when he called the distress cry was a lot longer than the one my daughter does, that made me think, rabbits small lungs, daughter small lungs. Each of her cries last about .5 seconds while my son and mine were about 1 to 1.5 seconds. I am going to tape her calling and go out by myself and see if it works. I am looking at getting the foxpro it seems to have good reviews.

Now you're thinkin'!

Tape her calls and run 'em on the fox pro. If they work as you suspect then sell 'em.

I'll support her businesslightbulb

It's a real bummer when your main calling resource has to go dance class:D

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts