300gr SMK in BDL drop floorplate

Brambles

Hey guys, I'm wondering if the 300gr SMK in a 338 EDGE will fit a factory internal box magazine or do I have to go with something special?

What options are out there? Are they expensive?

Thanks

Still trying to decide between the 300 RUM and the 338 EDGE, if the barrel life on the RUM was better I'd stick with it, as its the cheapest option for me right now and just rebarrel for better accuracy, but I"d hate to spend all that cake on a new barrel and quality machine work to for it to only last 800-1000 rounds.

For best results you should use a long magazine box with the 300RUM or 338 EDGE.The CFE-9 box from Wyatt Outdoors will hold a cartridge nearly 4 inches long. This box will enable you to load cartridges that will fit in the magazine and touch the lands. It comes set up for center feed but with slight alterations to the box and the original follower it will reliably stagger feed(my preference). Call for details. Gary Campbell 478-957-5213

Hi Brambles,
Seekins Precision makes a detachable mag that with some machining will fit a BDL. They can be a bit tough to get up here in Canada...I have a 338Edge and love it! I wish I had more time to shoot it :( The one I have is heavy though... I've got a couple 300WM's that I'd like to convert one to the edge but with the goal of keeping it lighter.
I thought long and hard about getting a 300RUM but the 338's 300 SMK can't be beat although I'd like to try some of the heavy TSX's soon.
Don't hessitate, go "Edge"

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.