300 WM Sendero SF 11 Questions

Wisner74

I am buying a 300 WM Sendero this week and have a few questions. I am pretty smart when it comes to building things, doing it yourself.

Does anyone have the name of a gunsmith in the Reno/Carson area they would recommend?

I would lake to replace the standard magazine of the rifle with a removable 5 round clip. Any input on what type to buy/where to buy and cost? Can a guy do this himself or do I need a gunsmith for this?

I would like to replace the trigger with a Jewel as this seems to be the trigger always talked about on this site. Is this needed? Can a guy buy the trigger and replace it himself?

What is the thought about putting a muzzle break on this rifle? Is it needed? I imagine there are are a few different ways/styles to machine this. Is there a preference?

I sure appreciate the help with this.

The jewell comes with pretty simple instructions. Should be ok if your mechanically inclined.

The mag mod is easy if your handy with a dremell.

Take a look at wyatts. Theyre pretty reasonable. If you have some extra coin, HS or Badger.

I have the SF II in 7 mag, and the rifle is heavy enough that I think you will be fine without a break, even in 300 win.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.