300 wm - load development 2

I tried 5 different loads and shot them through my chrono for group. These were shot a 200 yards. Currently, they look pretty bad. My question is, should I just look at ES and SD and ignore group size until I change seating depth to improve the groups? Below are the specs and results.

300 WM
ABM 1x brass
215 M
H1000
Berger 215
200 yards

DoubleG
You could try 66 gr H4350. 2970 fps.

I can get 425 with some bush/tree cutting. I may do that next. I use to be able to get almost 800 but it's so grown up now it'd be hard to clear.

I shoot everything suppressed...

I have a Pact Model 1 XP and I've always wondered how accurate it is in different lighting conditions. As a base, I have a brick of .22 lr and usually shoot 20 rounds if I want to check it... so far, it has been consistent although I'm still unsure about the accuracy. I suppose it doesn't make a lot of difference as long as it stays consistent, right? Generally, it has worked out very, very close to the ballistic tables when I get the rare opportunity to shoot beyond 100 yards, so I can't complain. As I just got it back from Pact (they completely replaced the unit for a $20 service fee), it is still showing insignificant differences in previously tested loads, so I'm gaining more and more confidence in it. So far it's been mostly handguns but rifle stuff will be on the table if my yard ever dries up enough to walk on without sinking in up to my ankles!
Cheers,
crkckr

My prochrono said the same type of readings when i was making a load for my 7rm a long time ago. I ended up ignoring it and shooting my tightest group at distance. It held up just fine. So my experience has showed the prochrono may not be ideal for twlling you the truth about es and sd. It can give you an ok estimate on velocity but dont take any of those numbers to the bank.

Thanks for detailing your process. I'm about to launch into developing a load with the 215s and H1000 (only my second try at reloading after shooting the 212 ELD-X/H1000 last year) and this has given me plenty of useful reminders and things to consider. Please keep going with the updates!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.