300 WM barrel length

jtaustin

I'm a lefty trying to find a a stainless synthetic elk rifle in 300 WM for under a grand. Best I can find is the Tikka, but the barrel is 24 inch. Do I need to keep looking for a 26 inch?

jtaustin,
WELCOME to LRH. I've always thought the 300 WM was better suited with a 26" barrel and while you may loose a little velocity, it must not be much as Tikka is not the only Mfg that offers this caliber in 24".
Not sure who makes a LH .300WM w/26" barrel. Either way, glad you're here, welcome aboard and good luck in your search. JohnnyK.

Ruger M77 Hawkeye Laminate LEFT HANDED .300 win - Ruger Hawkeye Rifles

browning makes one

Savage makes one in non stainless. You can get a really nice after market barrell for this one for less than what you would have into the browning.

If you get the browning, we can be twinsies on our hunt later this year. Ill even put a new trigger spring in it for you.

Or if worse come to worse, use one of ours. Between my dad and I we have four magnum rifles that are elk killers, and two more without scopes yet.

Remember, price paid will long be forgotten after satisfaction of your purchase.

People say anywhere from 40 to 80 fps per inch of velocity on those longer barells. For what we are doing overthere, it wont matter too much.

My A-bolt medallion 300 WM has the 26 inch barrel. Only thing done to it is a good scope and a timney trigger spring, shoots under an MOA, and has filled the freezer for years.

Im sure happy with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.