.300 Win Mag loads with 180 Accubond

I get a pretty sticky bolt around 79.5 grains, and the group opens up after 79.0 so I'm not sure I want to search much higher. Not yet anyway...I'm over 3k fps and around .7moa in a factory barreled action. I'll see if I can tighten things up in my loading process to pull those groups tighter but I'd be fibbing if I said I wasn't pleased with those results out of a factory rifle.

I get a pretty sticky bolt around 79.5 grains, and the group opens up after 79.0 so I'm not sure I want to search much higher. Not yet anyway...I'm over 3k fps and around .7moa in a factory barreled action. I'll see if I can tighten things up in my loading process to pull those groups tighter but I'd be fibbing if I said I wasn't pleased with those results out of a factory rifle.

How far off the lands are you seating your bullets.

I'm just curious not saying you should change anything.

I got up to 81. 5 with no issues but I'm loading mag length in a Tikka T3 which has a notoriously short magazine. My best groups were at 80.5 with cci primers

Everyone else I've talked to says they run 81 or 81.5. Not sure what primers they're using that makes a pretty big difference

Magazine length for me is about 3.690" taken very roughly with my calipers. My COAL is about 3.550" so I can ensure I always fit within the magazine even if I get some tips longer than others. Base to Ogive in my chamber with 180ABs is 2.925" and I am loaded at 2.916" so I don't have a whole lot of room to extend but I could go another 7 or 8 thousandths and still be just shy of the lands, with some room to spare in the magazine. I'll play with it over the next week or so and see what happens. May try to bump up the charge a bit too if I extend out that far since that will create a bit more free space inside the case.

More bullet jump reduces pressure, I usually start. 010 off the lands when I'm working with a match cartridge and .020 on my hunting ammo. Once I've worked a load up I'll tinker with seating depths from there. My buddies 300 wsm wouldn't shoot anything we put into it until we backed them bullets up .050 it's kind of an oddity but we got a load that's under 3/4 moa. I've learned that no two rifles are alike

H4831sc will work with the 180g Accubond. You will not get the speed of RL22 though. My loads were at least 65 fps faster with the RL22 and just as accurate.
I never tried the H1000 with the 180g Accubond because the RL22 worked so well.
I know Hodgdon said that H1000 was the most accurate powder used with 180 G Accubonds.
RL22 and the 180g Accubond seems to be one of the best loads ever made. I've yet to see a 300 Win Mag that does not like it.
RL22 is pretty popular and I've not seen it out of stock anytime I've looked for powders or primers for quite a while.
Where are you located?
I stumbled across this old post and was wondering what charge of Rl-22 have you found works best with the 180 gr Accubonds? primer? COAL? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

The new Nosler Reloading Manual shows 75.0 gr of Re22 at max,3090 fps at that max load.
Older manuals showed higher amounts of Re22.
My Re22 load and 180 gr accubonds is 74.0 gr at 3000 fps.
My most accurate load is a different powder.