300 win mag competition dies?

23ELKHUNTER

Are 300 win mag competition dies worth it?
I reload 260,243,25.06, So I am not a new to reloading. Just new to 300 win mag. Having a custom 300 win mag being built.
Any suggestions on dies?
Thanks

All I use is a full length bushing die and micrometer seater die
I have no trouble shooting accurately to about 1200 yards with ammo loaded with these 2 dies

I run Forster FL dies and comp seater die.
I shoot a 300WM in F-Class and used to use a bushing die but found a honed FL die works better and I don't get ANY donuts.
My rifle with this die combo is a genuine 3/8MoA capable rifle.

Cheers.
:D

I traded into a 300 WM and it came with the basic RCBS dies . They're not as easy to fine tune as a micrometer seating die but once they're adjusted they work well . If I was buying new , I would definitely get a competition micrometer seating die.

If you really want the most accurate load you can get you need a completion seater. I seat every bullet to the same length at the ogive. I seat them all a few thousandths short, measure, then adjust the micrometer to the desired depth. Even good bullets will vary a few thousandths. The micrometer seater makes this much easier/quicker/precise.

I neck size with a Lee collet neck sizer. I reamed out a RCBS full length die and removed the expander. I use that every so often for a body bump die. 8 reloads in and I haven't had to trim yet. And just so I don't exclude someone I use a forster micrometer seater.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.