300 win mag Berger 205 and RE-26

That's the plan. I'm hoping to get out this weekend and get some more data. I'm exploring with 71.8, 72 and 72.2 grains for accuracy. Hopefully it shoots well then I can stretch it out and hopefully it holds together and I can come across a bear this spring

How did it work out? What load did you end up going with?

The Bedding of the gun was ****. I brought it to a gun smith and he bedded it properly and now it is a 1/2moa rifle with factory 200gr eldm ammo. I just got it back and will develop a load soon.

How did it work out? What load did you end up going with?
I actually abandoned the Berger load all together in favor of a load with the Badlands BD-II 175 gr bullet. It has the terminal ballistic aspects that I want, super high bc, incredibly accurate and they are always available. I did however find what appeared to be a good load with the 205 at 71.8 gr of H-4831 SC and a .015" jump. But before I could feel confident calling the load good, I had compounding problems with my scope and rings which led me to sell everything I had of that particular brand and replace it all with something else. That's also when I just started over with the Badlands. I still have a box and a half of the 205's that I'll do something with some day. I just hate having to scrub the barrel to go back and forth between the two bullets

Thanks for the feed back. I just loaded 2 pressure tests one with 4831sc and the other with h1000. Only a 22in barrel in my gun. So we will see. Are the badlands bullets on par bc wise with the Berger's?

Thanks for the feed back. I just loaded 2 pressure tests one with 4831sc and the other with h1000. Only a 22in barrel in my gun. So we will see. Are the badlands bullets on par bc wise with the Berger's?
The 175 is holding true to the advertised bc out to 900 yards so far. I may stretch it further but I don't have much desire to. My personal limits for hunting shots are 600 with the exception to go to 800 under near perfect conditions. So shooting well beyond 1,000 just seems like a waste of components to me. I sent a handful off to a guy on YouTube that has a channel called SimpleMindedFella. He should be doing a gel test video soon to show low velocity performance
The 205 has a g7 of .324 and the 175 has a g7 of .310. The load I settled on for the 205 was running at 2,950 and the load for the 175 is 3,186. That's a small trade in bc for a substantial gain in velocity