300 win mag 185 berger

Well, if it were me, and I was happy with the accuracy, I wouldn't screw with it for a hundred fps...remember, "only accurate rifles are interesting."[/QU

Good call lol I was pretty jazzed about my first group. Just got all of my brass resized gonna test again and if all is good all have 60 RDS left of premium ammo. Thanks for the insight always chasing the speed and forget that accuracy is the key.
coastbuck,
I saw your .040 off the lands group. Not much if any vertical dispersion. Let us know what you get on your next test to confirm the load group wise and at what range(s) and if you have a chronograph the velocity and standard deviation (SD) of the load. It looks like 'it aint broke".
Csquared.. + 10000 on your comment !!!!

Well 200 yards was about an 1 inch again. I don't know if its me or what just thought it would be a Lil bit tighter than that. I guess I might just be expecting better and starting to get frustrated with myself and my shooting lol. I just fell that .3 @ 100 that I could be close to that again @ 200.

No crony barefoot but I did take it to 600 yards on some gallon jugs and it was hitting about 1.5 moa to 2 moa low. When I input my velocity at jbm of 3000 my drops were pretty much identical only couple inches different if I remember right. When I sighted the rifle in I use hornady 180 SST superformance and supposly those are going 3130. So I'm guessing I'm going under 2950.

Well 200 yards was about an 1 inch again. I don't know if its me or what just thought it would be a Lil bit tighter than that. I guess I might just be expecting better and starting to get frustrated with myself and my shooting lol. I just fell that .3 @ 100 that I could be close to that again @ 200.

No crony barefoot but I did take it to 600 yards on some gallon jugs and it was hitting about 1.5 moa to 2 moa low. When I input my velocity at jbm of 3000 my drops were pretty much identical only couple inches different if I remember right. When I sighted the rifle in I use hornady 180 SST superformance and supposly those are going 3130. So I'm guessing I'm going under 2950.

1/2 MOA at 200 and beyond is pretty good especially if it's consistent. Don't beat yourself up especially if your scope is not up to the task.

Thanks brentc. I was hoping someone would respond. Been sitting here going stir crazy thinking what to do next. Once I made the scope correction water was flying lol. I'm just gonna keep running these where there at tell I get a chance to get some h1000 and try some bigger pills. Bear season is just a couple days away here, hopefully get a chance to slip a berger in and really see how they perform. I can already tell that the little bit of added BC really helps in the wind.

coastbuck,
+1 on brentc comment. Rememeber...its a hunting rifle and the kill zone on deer, BEAR and Elk is way bigger than 1 MOA !!

Yeah your right barefoot the vitals are a lot bigger than 1 moa. Went out today and shot a few rounds to make sure where my mil holds were still the same since switching over to these loads. And look like the scope correction I made put them all dead on as they where before. So no worries there. The last shot I made today was at 660 yards at a moss patch on a rock the size of volleyball. First was right at the bottom of the patch and couple inches left made my corrections sent the second round and center punch it. Moss was flying can't believe how hard these bullets hit. So I feel a lot better than yesterday and confident that this load setup will get the job done.

Yeah your right barefoot the vitals are a lot bigger than 1 moa. Went out today and shot a few rounds to make sure where my mil holds were still the same since switching over to these loads. And look like the scope correction I made put them all dead on as they where before. So no worries there. The last shot I made today was at 660 yards at a moss patch on a rock the size of volleyball. First was right at the bottom of the patch and couple inches left made my corrections sent the second round and center punch it. Moss was flying can't believe how hard these bullets hit. So I feel a lot better than yesterday and confident that this load setup will get the job done.

Sounds like a winner!:) Here is to hoping you get to line it up on some fur!

Sounds like a winner!:) Here is to hoping you get to line it up on some fur!

Thanks man ill toast to that. Looks like opening day here tomorrow is going to be plague by rain, gonna give her a shot anyways, since shrimp season just opened up too. Will be pretty busy for who knows how long lol, got to make everyday count

coastbuck,
+ 1000 what Csquared said!! Glad to help!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.