300 Weatherby

Full Auto

Greetings, hey guys I have itch and cannot scratch it unless I build this rifle, and want your experience and input. Okay I have a closet full of rifles in caliber from 260, 308, 7mag, 300 Win Mag, 30-06, and others.. 300 Weatherby is the thorn, I want to build a long rifle on the Vanguard. My smith has this 30 cal. bull barrel, I want a Stocky Stock, Timney trigger, 6-24 Swift scope. Muzzle measures 1,06, 20 moa base. Stock will be green laminate with the metal ceracoted dark earth. Okay give it to me, good, bad, or indifferent. or should I just stick with one of my FAL's with a KD target in my backyard. hiccup!

go for it. im building almost same. E R SHAW heavy 26" bull barrel. 300 wby. polished stainless barrel spiral fluting. timney trigger, sky blue boyd varmite thumbhole stock. remember we are always 1 gun away from having enough. emborkgun)

Dang I seriously thought about the sky laminate stock, its a beauty, but I wanted to go with the flat dark earth for the metal. Got a load planned? I have 172 grain lake city bullets from MTU. Good to hear I ain't the only one liking Weatherbys, thanks for the return... ElDee

230 gr berger bullets work good for me. Im going to try some 168 bergers. I always try to buy classic hunter or hybrids they are much easier to group. the 300 I haven't got much under a inch at 100yd. getting old now in feels like someone is beating me with a baseball bat. the new barrel will have a brake on it. even my 240wby has a brake. embork

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts