300 weatherby Bullet Seating Depth test

TonyQ

I just put a new hart barrel on my weatherby chambered in a 300 weatherby borerider. Powdered used was N570 with a starting load of 80.5gr. I shot one shot over the magnetospeed v3 just to see how close I was to Berger speed they sent me. The speed was 2812 FPS and Berger estimate was 2832 so it was pretty close. So I did what was recommend by Berger to shoot two 3 round groups with the jumps of .10,.50,.90 and .130 and this is how it came out. I haven't shot in 4 months so I was a little rusty.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 278
Congrats on your new Hart rifle bbl,that's some Very good shooting and grouping to be sure, neat how it all comes together with time well spent ,thks for posting your pics and enjoy that 300 Bee ! regards jjmp:D:D:D

You better check your use of the decimal points!! lightbulb Berger DOES NOT recommend those numbers.

The .50 group, which I am guessing is actually .050 jump, is great!!!

Yep you guys are right it's .050 I forgot to put the zero in front. Now I just hope the groups stays the same as I go up in powder.

Make sure that you can repeat the .05" results before moving on to powder testing.

The .050 group is a 6 round group so I think that it would be repeatable. This is my first time doing the seating depth test first so I hope it works out I will post the results.

morning, is the new barrel short chambered finished for the weatherby 300? u get less

free space with a short throating length.

if so check the length of a factory loaded Wbee 300. start from there.

u can go to the search mode on this site and punch in 300 Wbee loads.

check for the publicized seating depth OAL. there r several weatherby lovers

on this site.

my accu-mark Mark V 340 wbee I got a load and length from this site.

very lucky. shoots extremely well.gun)

morning, is the new barrel short chambered finished for the weatherby 300? u get less

free space with a short throating length.

if so check the length of a factory loaded Wbee 300. start from there.

u can go to the search mode on this site and punch in 300 Wbee loads.

check for the publicized seating depth OAL. there r several weatherby lovers

on this site.

my accu-mark Mark V 340 wbee I got a load and length from this site.

very lucky. shoots extremely well.gun)

What is the difference. .050 off the lands is .050 off the lands. The free bore that he has is the free bore that he has. That .050 looks like it will work fantastic for him!!

It's Dave Kiff from PTG bore rider stepped reamer it's like Shawn Carlock +P. He told me I should see around 50fps gain from it. I just wondering if I will have enough case capacity to see a real gain from it. Right now I am using 80.5 gr of N570 with the Berger 230 hybrid and at .050 jump the COAL is 3.791 and the CBTO is 3.016. Berger was showing a max of 84.5 so we will see what I come up with. I was hoping to see speed over 3000 FPS.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.