300 ultra mag load options

Berger 230 or 215 retumbo start at 90.5 and work up. Shoot placement is the key and if you do want to shoot long range you have an amazing long range caliber and bullet combo.
Why use a 300 RUM with a light bullet and blazing speed? It has never made sense to me. Use the heavy for caliber bullet it slows it down to not go explosive.

I've smashed several critters with this same combo. Punched a bull at 754yds. Tucked it right in behind the shoulder. He dropped, got up, made three steps then began using his chin as an emergency brake as he started sliding down the hill.

I've been playing with the Berger EOL Elite Hunter 245s working up a load. Most accurate found so far is around 2960 with Magnum. I've given up on finding anymore Retumbo which was my go to powder. I haven't hit anything but rocks with them but they pack a punch. At 1k they are still at 2437fps with 3231 ft-lbs energy.
If they work like the 230s which I have killed a few Bear with, push them to the numbers if conditions and experience allow.
I've pushed a hot load with them to 2375 so far with excellent results.

I've been playing with the Berger EOL Elite Hunter 245s working up a load. Most accurate found so far is around 2960 with Magnum. I've given up on finding anymore Retumbo which was my go to powder. I haven't hit anything but rocks with them but they pack a punch. At 1k they are still at 2437fps with 3231 ft-lbs energy.
If they work like the 230s which I have killed a few Bear with, push them to the numbers if conditions and experience allow.
I've pushed a hot load with them to 2375 so far with excellent results.
Only thing holding me back from trying the 245s is about 500ct 230s and an etched turret for them! 😂🤣😂

For a long time I used Retumbo and Barnes 180 TSX and TTSX on deer and elk. They are bone busting killers . Very accurate . I have a new barrel on it now . 28 in. Bartlien varmit conture Too heavy to lug around now.

I run retumbo with a 175 lrx getting .5 moa and 3275 fps. My buddy is running the 175 lrx with rl25 and getting.75 moa at 3290. I shot a mule deer at 75 yds last year in the shoulder and had no problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.