300 saum

SunDowner62

Greetings I am new to this site a Question if i may does or has anyone played around with the Rem Model 7 in 300 saum ? and if so recommended loads thanking you all in advance

I have a 700 in a 300 SAUM, It really likes 150 Hornady Interbond w/ Varget Powder, next best I tried is the 165 Sierra BTSP and 4350 or Reloader 17 which I took a deer with this last fall. Bowled him big time. I had bought it to build a light 7 SAUM but the 300 shoots so well, don't have the heart to tear it apart. Next bullet I'm going to try is the 190 VLD Berger. I'm starting to like this cartridge more.

I load for a pair of 300 SAUMs and have had very good results with R-17 at Alliants listed max. Varget has worked well with 150's and IMR 4007 has worked well with 180's for less than max loads. I am currently working with superformance but have not reached any conclusions.

Note. I have had good results with almost all powders listed for it and all bullet weights. It just seems to be an easy to load for round.

Both rifles loaded for are Rem. Model 7.

Greetings I am new to this site a Question if i may does or has anyone played around with the Rem Model 7 in 300 saum ? and if so recommended loads thanking you all in advance
I have a Model 7 in 300 SAUM. I put a carbon barrel and stock on it. The problem is it has a short magazine. When I ignore the magazine and seat to the most accurate load, it is a single shot rifle. The search for accuracy and magazine fit led me to Hammer Bullets. I have good results with Hammer 160HH using Varget at 56 grains (seated to fit the magazine and crimp in a grove). I see Hammer has a new Power Hammer that is designed for short magazines. I bought a couple boxes, but have not had time to work up a load yet. Hammers are very easy load development.

I have used this rifle to take one mule buck last fall since loading the 160HH. I was very impressed with the instant kill at 250 yards.

I love the caliber and performance of the rifle. Hate the magazine.