300 saum options!?

Tmarsh38

Well I recently got a 300 SAUM for a deal that I just couldn't pass up. I am moving to Alaska here in a couple months and would like to rechamber in something bigger. I know being a short action I'm pretty limited but would like to hear what my best options are. I'd like to go as big as possible with at least keeping some range involved. Any help and suggestions and advice is much appreciated!

Well I recently got a 300 SAUM for a deal that I just couldn't pass up. I am moving to Alaska here in a couple months and would like to rechamber in something bigger. I know being a short action I'm pretty limited but would like to hear what my best options are. I'd like to go as big as possible with at least keeping some range involved. Any help and suggestions and advice is much appreciated!

You could do a 325 WSM or a 300/338 or even a 350 Remington mag.

The action will fit all of these.

J E CUSTOM

How are the ballistics with the 350? Does it perform well at longer distances?

It is mainly a heavy hitter and would be good for bear, I consider it a 400 yard cartridge.

The 325 and the 300/338 would be better for longer distance.

If you re barrel, the 338 RCM would also be a good choice.

J E CUSTOM

What about a 338wsm? I also was looking into the lazeronni short mags. I'm not sure if they'd be an option but they looked like they performed well.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.