.300 Rum

In my sps 300rum is where I was using my 185 gr Bergers with retumbo and just wasn't getting the accuracy I was with the 180 sciroccos with a charge of 101 grs of retumbo. I can't remember what they cronoed at but it was either right at 3400 or some change over. In my custom rig I'm working with the 230 gr.

I got my best accuracy at 90 grs of retumbo with no pressure issues. What is your group size?

With the 208 A-Max my best so far has been just under 3/4" at 300yds. Still working with the 230 Hybreds, so far at 100 just a hair over 1/2". I think they have better in them. I got a good deal on 500 of the 230's a while back so I am having fun working up a load to see how they will launch at ELR. My go to for the RUM is the 208's for the $ savings. I am going to be using the 230's ( If they shoot well ) in a 300 Lapua with a 34" Lilja that is coming my way shortly.......:cool:

Very nice I'm waiting on my leupold back from custom shop with custom turrets and the we will be in business!! I just got my custom 39-378 wby in built on a ruger no.1 and I will also be shooting the 230 gr pills out of it.

With the 208 A-Max my best so far has been just under 3/4" at 300yds. Still working with the 230 Hybreds, so far at 100 just a hair over 1/2". I think they have better in them. I got a good deal on 500 of the 230's a while back so I am having fun working up a load to see how they will launch at ELR. My go to for the RUM is the 208's for the $ savings. I am going to be using the 230's ( If they shoot well ) in a 300 Lapua with a 34" Lilja that is coming my way shortly.......:cool:

Just picked up the RUM. image.jpg

I started with 180 gr accubonds behind 97 grains of H-1000 and they work well. This year, I started loading 215 bergers with 93 grains of Retumbo. I never tried them with the H-1000 because I am saving that powder for my 338 rum.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.