300 RUM - Which powder

Slopeshunter

Hello everyone! So a couple years ago I picked up a Remington 700 sps in 300 RUM with the plan of turning it into an Edge. While the plan is still there, haven't really gotten started on it yet.

So I'm thinking maybe I should do some shooting with this rifle. I've got reloading dies, brass, got some 200 grain accubonds. Just need to pick a powder to start with.

I know that H-1000 and Retumbo have been a standard go to powder for this calibre, but in some of my reading on the site recently have seen that some people are having good results with some of the Reloader powders.

So what I'm wondering is what powder should I get started with. All recommendations appreciated.

Thanks very much!

My preferred load is 94.9 gr retumbo and 200 gr accubonds, validated to 1532 yards and deadly on elk.

Attachments

• DSC01053.JPG
    DSC01053.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 61
Well since everyone has mentioned the Powder I use I thought I would add IMR 7828 as well as Retumbo,H-1000,RL22,RL25 and a bullet in the 210 range as I shoot custom 211 grain pills! Should be very accurate when you find what it like's to digest!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.