300 RUM Velocity

OKbow87

I was just wondering if anybody could help me out and maybe run some numbers to get an estimate on my velocity. Right now my best load is 90.0 grains of H-1000 behind a 200 grain accubond seated to fit in the factory rem box magazine. The gun is a 700 lss with a 26" barrel. Thank you in advance for your help.

Colin

With out chronographing the load every number anyone gives you is just a guess. How's 3025 fps sound? You should get a chronograph. They will tell you so much about your handloads. I would consider myself to be flying blind without one when developing a load. You always can shoot the load at various distances and know your trajectory. If it shoots well enough and flat enough then who care's how fast it's flying?

I agree, a chronograph is a necessary tool for handload developement. And with some models costing under 100 bucks, it pays to have one, mtmuley

And if you're like me and haven't had the spare money to buy one yet, take the given load and shoot it at 200y 400y 600y and 700y, then play with a good ballistics program until it gives you either your exact trajectory or one very close to it. This of course only works if you have an accurate B.C to work off.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.