300 Raptor-hottest .30 cal out there?

30mm Vulcan Cannon

Is the 300 Raptor built by Kirby Allen the absolute hottest .30 cal you can get? I read it can deliver 200 grain projectiles at almost 3600 Fps. That easily tops the 300 rum, 30-378, and the 300 Pegasus. I've done a bit of searching trying to find if there is a 30 cal out there that is hotter but I have not found it

Is there one out there?

I want a 300 raptor, which is the reason I ask

I would assume that with enough money one may be able to produce a wildcat that could beat about anything. BUT.... considering what it actually takes to get a 200 grain 30 cal. bullet up to velocities not far shy of a good varmint rifle I would have to question, what on earth would be the point? That being said I think the 300 raptor would be really cool so if you get one you should post a few picks for us!:)

I remember reading about a 30 on a shortened Cheytac Imp. case that was shooting similar velocities but the barrel life was less than 400 rounds if I remember correctly. Cheytac brass is easier to get from many sources and would be the direction I would go if I wanted a hot rod that was basically beyond all the others.

My understanding is that the Raptor is dead in the water because of brass availability. I stumbled across the Raptor wildcats while working on a few cartridges of my own based on the Excalibur case. I may still follow through with my ideas but I expect they'd come in a little behind the APS Raptors.

The 300 Werewolf is king of the 30 caliber beasts ...
145 gr h20 capacity , looking at 3500 fps with 230 gr Berger Hybrid bullets using RL 50, H50BMG and US869 ,

Dale Janzen @ Chinchaga Bullets is making me a custom 250 gr ULDRBT ST Hybrid bullet for this cartridge ! excellent 500 Jeffery Norma and Bertram brass available for necking down, including the Bertram made 500 AHR brass, plenty of brass availability although spendy $$$

building mine on a Sako M995 action set in a KRG Whiskey 3 Gen 4 chassis with a 32" 8 twist Rock Creek barrel in a custom Sendero contour (5" long straight shank at 1.250")

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 206
The 300 Werewolf is king of the 30 caliber beasts ...
145 gr h20 capacity , looking at 3500 fps with 230 gr Berger Hybrid bullets using RL 50, H50BMG and US869 ,

Dale Janzen @ Chinchaga Bullets is making me a custom 250 gr ULDRBT ST Hybrid bullet for this cartridge ! excellent 500 Jeffery Norma and Bertram brass available for necking down, including the Bertram made 500 AHR brass, plenty of brass availability although spendy $$$

building mine on a Sako M995 action set in a KRG Whiskey 3 Gen 4 chassis with a 32" 8 twist Rock Creek barrel in a custom Sendero contour (5" long straight shank at 1.250")

Wow these are interesting cartridges. Never have heard of any of them

Do you have a ballistics chart or information on the velocity and bullet weight on the 375 Mjonir? I'm curious to how it stacks up to the 375 AM

3500 with a 230 grain pill is impressive. The raptor was pushing a 200 grain at almost 3600 Fps and according to Kirby Allen it can get faster than that. I wonder how fast the raptor is capable of shoving that 230 grain bullet down and out the barrel

My understanding is that the Raptor is dead in the water because of brass availability. I stumbled across the Raptor wildcats while working on a few cartridges of my own based on the Excalibur case. I may still follow through with my ideas but I expect they'd come in a little behind the APS Raptors.

That's what Kirby Allen told me, which really sucks because I want a rifle chambered in this caliber

Is there a 375 raptor?

If so how does it compare to the 375 AM?

I would assume that with enough money one may be able to produce a wildcat that could beat about anything. BUT.... considering what it actually takes to get a 200 grain 30 cal. bullet up to velocities not far shy of a good varmint rifle I would have to question, what on earth would be the point? That being said I think the 300 raptor would be really cool so if you get one you should post a few picks for us!:)

If I get any wildcat rifles built I will definitely post pictures

There are several long range rifles I want, along with about 15 big bore rifles (stuff like 577 T Rex, 600 Overkill, 4 bore, etc.)

That's what Kirby Allen told me, which really sucks because I want a rifle chambered in this caliber

Is there a 375 raptor?

If so how does it compare to the 375 AM?

No 375 raptor. It would be right between the 375 Allen express and the Allen Mag. My 375 BME is dead even with the Allen express but based on a 404 J case so it can fit on a standard magnum bolt face instead of a Lapua bolt face. 350s at about 2950 fps. It can go faster but there's not much point.

I'm working on a 378 BME off of the Excalibur case as well which would be part of the line up from 7mm up to 375. The idea is to have the highest performance cartridge that will function safely on the readily available Savage action. The 375 BME maxed out the standard Savage with a magnum bolt face. I need to step it up now since the Savage Lapua action is out there and readily available.

If the APS raptors were available, I'd just go with one of those.

300 Raptor is dead but you could neck a 338 Excalibur down to .30 cal and improve it which will get you close to the 300 Raptor which was the original design of it before custom fully formed brass was in the works.