300 PRC

The New Norma bond strike definitely will pass through this is a 20% gelatin block we tested at 700 yards out of a 300 cavitations a little small but you get penetration
Post#1. Welcome to the forum. Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself And are you associated with Barbour Creek Shooting School?

Thanks,
Rick

Yep. Heavy and frangible or a light fast mono!

My two pet loads in .300 win mag are a 225 eld m at 2800 and a 120 Barnes tactx (originally a .300 blackout bullet) at 4060 fps. Totally different "ballistic philosophies", both incredibly emphatic as an "off switch".
How far would you shoot at deer sized game with that 120 Barnes? I am thinking of going with a 150 gr TTSX in my 300 win mag, but am wondering if that is bad for wind drift out to say 500 yards.

Post#1. Welcome to the forum. Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself And are you associated with Barbour Creek Shooting School?

Thanks,
Rick
James Eagleman LongRange Instructor and COO Barbour Creek, a long time member here use to go by fmsniper. Waiting for Len to get back to me to become a sponsor!

How far would you shoot at deer sized game with that 120 Barnes? I am thinking of going with a 150 gr TTSX in my 300 win mag, but am wondering if that is bad for wind drift out to say 500 yards.
Inside 500 the high velocity is awesome, both for how emphatic it is on impact and how flat it shoots. Beyond that the heavy frangible bullets will absolutely dominate

Also, just my opinion but if you can get your hands on the 130 ttsx/tsx it'll be even better than the 150 all around, even for elk sized critters. With monos light and fast just hits different. @ButterBean has a YouTube video that provides a great visual demonstration of
This, regardless of foot pounds of energy there's just something about high impact velocity WITH MONOMETALS that simply hits different and has to be seen to be understood.

So I too am curious on the 300prc 212 ELD-X vs ELD-M. I am headed to Colorado in a few weeks and my Browning likes the 225 ELD-M better than the 212 ELD-X. Would I be safe to use the M on Elk or should I stick with the X? Or should I abort the whole ELD mission and go for another brand/type of bullet?

So I too am curious on the 300prc 212 ELD-X vs ELD-M. I am headed to Colorado in a few weeks and my Browning likes the 225 ELD-M better than the 212 ELD-X. Would I be safe to use the M on Elk or should I stick with the X? Or should I abort the whole ELD mission and go for another brand/type of bullet?
Any idea what your range will be ?